Are optical or laser mice more likely to start skipping because of dust/hair under the light/laser?

I need a new mouse. I've owned both an optical mouse and a laser mouse, and it seemed to me that the laser mouse was much more susceptible to skipping and stalling when cat hair got stuck underneath the laser. (Cat hair is a ubiquitous phenomenon at my house, so there's no getting rid of it.) The... show more I need a new mouse. I've owned both an optical mouse and a laser mouse, and it seemed to me that the laser mouse was much more susceptible to skipping and stalling when cat hair got stuck underneath the laser. (Cat hair is a ubiquitous phenomenon at my house, so there's no getting rid of it.)

The optical mouse I've used didn't seem to do that. So I want to know: are laser mice more susceptible to that kind of thing, or did I just have a bad laser mouse, or what?

The laser mouse I had was a Logitech mx400, and the optical mouse was Microsoft, 3000...something. If that helps.

Any input is appreciated, thanks.