I am trying to buy a single family home but have bad credit and no down payment?

My wife and I have bad credit we both work full time jobs but dont have money for a down payment.My husband makes $16.00 hr and I make $9.00 hr we also receive 574.00 in SSI for our son. but because of past hard times and our low credit scores we keep getting denied. I hate to keep applying and get turned down... show more My wife and I have bad credit we both work full time jobs but dont have money for a down payment.My husband makes $16.00 hr and I make $9.00 hr we also receive 574.00 in SSI for our son. but because of past hard times and our low credit scores we keep getting denied. I hate to keep applying and get turned down because I recently was informed that every time you apply for credit and get denied it lowers your score, by not knowing this previously and applying for credit I we caused my husbands score to drop under 500. We are hard working people looking for our chance to own a home. We were suppose to do a land contract with our current land lord after 2 yrs. and unfortunatly they have decided to not sell and actualy increased our rent from 600.month to 700. a month. Not to mention we have invested money here by putting up a pfivacy fense painting the outside of the house completly repainted the front porch and was getting to paint the rest of the rooms.We realy need help.