If another civil war was fought today, Conservative Vs Liberal, do you think it would be for similar reasons..

... as the first? States rights?

Liberals seem to me to want the Federal Government to enforce everything they believe in, while Conservatives seem to want more laws handled by the States. Or for the government to just get out of their lives.

What say you?

There are a few exceptions of course but over all.

Favorite Answer

Well, conservatives seem to want to enslave everybody who isn't just like them....people of other races, women, the poor....so that they can have both cheap labor AND someone to feel superior to....so I would say yes.

• Audrey

I'm not going to write an essay, but I would think the conservatives might well win because military hierarchy tends to be conservative and conservative civilians, I think, tend to be better armed than liberals, though neither side is more committed to their cause. If the president were more liberal than conservative, I wonder how the generals and admirals would follow the orders of their commander in chief. Foreign powers would revel in the second American Civil War and might well contribute to both sides so we would destroy ourselves, and no IEDs would be needed nor would suicide attacks in any way. I don't think either side would have an edge in terrain simply because the war would be fought over the whole country in all sorts of terrain. I'm no young man, but I hope my new granddaughter lives to be a funny old lady and never finds out in the real world the answer to your question. Of course, neither side would win. One side would just lose less than the other.

I agree with the conservatives. The Constitution was developed for a small national government that was in control of nation wide issues and international issues. The states where given rights so that they made laws for there constituents. The national government was there to settle state disputes. We should push to call the nation United States and stop calling it The United States.

• Libs believe in Centralized Control of everything.

That means that the libs in Washington will run everything,business,industry,our lives to their advantage and only their advantage.

Given the chance,they'd ban State and local taxes.

States and localities would be funded from the Central Government ( the taxes would be paid to the Feds ).

If a State or a locality didn't do exactly as the Central Government demanded,their funds would be cut off.

Fear BIG Government,it can and will destroy us.

I say your wrong.

The last Dem / Lib President was Bill Clinton

and

he didn't do any of the things you Lied about and said we Liberals want.

I have an excellent reference book for you. "Civil War II" by Thomas Chittum is a speculative book on what might cause a future civil war and how it might break down.

• Yours is an interesting question, but because liberals wouldn't fight to defend their own mother, I cannot accept your hypothetical.

Still, that being the case, I agree with your characterization on the positions.

That plus many other reasons.

Liberals don't fight remember?? They hide and call the other guy names and blame them for everything the libs don't agree with.....

that's a good analogy but the next revolution will be racial in nature...blacks/hispanics/whites have such dissimilar cultures that they are clashing every day....its going to get worse..