runescape down?

I know Runescape is down for maintenence, but, why did they pick Friday the 13th? :P

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

to make people scared, when people are scared they go on runescape!, whenever people experience emotions that are slightly to high or low they go on runescape!

• Audrey
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

im not sure what happened but i was scared for a second cause i thought i was the only one then i found this. when you go to the website it says 347 are on but when you look at the world list there are 0 on all of them. about how many people are in the persons clan. I have a theory dont get mad this is just a guess but maybe runescape/jagex heard that that person and her clan were gonna try and hack runescape/jagex and riot on friday the 13th. So then maybe runescape/jagex closed the server down for the day. Another theory is that runescape is fixing things and updating things and doing the new graphics.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Don't you dare worry, runescape have sorted it out simple:

RuneScape Server Problems

Telstra, one of our service providers, is currently experiencing technical difficulties. As a result, you will not be able to access the RuneScape game and a number of our website features. We apologise for any inconvenience caused, and we are assured our service provider is working hard to rectify this fault.

• Telstra, one of our service providers, is currently experiencing technical difficulties. As a result, you will not be able to access the RuneScape game and a number of our website features. We apologise for any inconvenience caused, and we are assured our service provider is working hard to rectify this fault.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

its sais Telstra, one of our service providers, is currently experiencing technical difficulties. As a result, you will not be able to access the RuneScape game and a number of our website features. We apologise for any inconvenience caused, and we are assured our service provider is working hard to rectify this fault. from ruenscape website

• 1 decade ago

I dont know.. i have seen at least 50 yahoo questions similar to this one, i asked one like it too.... i heard a rumor that defil3d was goin to gather a bunch of people and try to crash the server.... i also heard rumor that they might be bringing the wild back... who knows? this is wierd because its friday the 13th and last tiem the server crasehed it was 6/6/06.

• 1 decade ago

It wasnt down for matinence. It was down because of Telstra, one of their server providers.

However, it's back up now.

P.S.

Please do not believe the talk about Defil3d causing the crash. I joined her clan chat (once runescape was back up), and found out from the horses's mouth that she DID NOT cause the crash.

• 1 decade ago

they probably didnt pick this day. it could of been coincidence but there is still that chance that they did it on purpouse....maybe to play a trick?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its just an uncanny coincedence, dont worry about it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.