Are celebrities really beautiful or is it only because media tells us?

Are celebrities really beautiful or is it only because media tells us? I think there are a lot of normal people who are more handsome or beautiful than a lot of stars. I think we believe the media too much that is why we see those celebs with halos on their head.

Best Answer

Agree. Some of them are beautiful but NOT that beautiful. It's the media that dictates us about them and unfortunately, some laymen fall for it. I do agree with you that there are many "common" people out there walking down the streets in our everyday lives who are actually more deserving to be on the top of the "101 Sexiest Woman Alive" or "50 Most Beautiful People" list but the public don't know them so they don't vote for them...

It's definately what the media puts out there. If all of these trends really were attractive, then why didn't cavemen choose women who looked like that and we all evolved to look that way today? It's ****.

Celebs aren't as beautiful as lots of people in real life - look at photos of them without make up and you'll see how ugly most of them are!

• Mike

What is thought of as 'attractive' has some biological basis. e.g. people who are more left-right semetrical are more attractive, due to the genetic purity symmetry suggests. For similar reproductive reasons, big-chinned, wide shouldered males and big-breasted, wide-hipped females are generally more attractive.

However, there is also a societal aspect to attractiveness, which is greatly influenced by the media. When we are young, and unsure of our own attractiveness and feelings of attraction, we are much more likely to be swayed by our idols and peers.

If you learn when you are young that a certain trait - let's say shiny hair or long legs - is attractive, then you will be more likely to continue to believe that trait is attractive.

In this way, the media (TV and movie stars) do define what is attractive, at least on a societal level.

Celebrities look like normal people withought the touch ups I always feel better about myself when I see them without make-up it makes you see there ordinary but there are some celebrities that have natural beauty.

Well, do I need a reporter to tell me a celebrity is beautiful? My eyes can judge for myself!

Yes!I think people exagerate too much when they say how beautiful they are although (some) celebrities are actually beautiful.

i think some are gorgeous and others are ok to look at that people make a big deal out of. i guess both b/c some are beautiful and others are decent and we just think they're beautiful cuz people make a big deal out of them

stars arent very pretty they just have lots of makeup people

http://tuvida.aol.com/moda-y-belleza/fotos/stars-w...

theres a site that shows them with and without makeup

Ehh.

Most of them just have people who make them LOOK ♥Beautiful♥ && the media wants us to think they're beautiful even though they're...

Not♥

....

.....

......

.......

.........

..........

...........

............

............

..............

.............

............

...........

..........

.........

.......

......

.....

....

...

-RawR :)