Mother for Son Green Card Apply ?

Can my mother which is a citizen, apply for green card for me ?? by the way, i'm over 21 and i'm married

3 Answers

  • claria
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

    i agree w/ both answerers the people above me said, the wait may take a looong time...let me add one more information that you may need to know...let's say that if you have a child and the wait takes tooo long that your child turns 21 by the time your date becomes current, then unfortunately, your child cannot follow your mother's and your wife can, but not your child if they're over 21 by the time the date becomes current....then it would be up to you to sponsor your child...good luck!

  • CPG
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    Yes, she may sponsor you for residency (a green card) however, since you are married and over 21 you fall into the F3 (Family Third Preference) category and there is a long wait for a visa number to become available and current - and by a long wait, I mean several years.

    She would need to file an I-130 - this would also cover your spouse and children to allow them to immigrate also.

  • 1 decade ago

    If your mother is a citizen and can prove she can support you and your wife (and child, if any), she can file a petition. The affidavit of support will require that she have sufficient income and assets to support all of her existing family members/dependents plus you and your wife, and she will have to be able to guarantee a bond of $30,000 for each of you.

    Depending on what country you are from, it can take 10-15 years for you to actually get the visa and enter after the application is approved. If your mother dies, becomes disabled or her income proves inadequate to provide your support and guarantee the bond, the application will be voided.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.