Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStandards & Testing · 1 decade ago

IQ score of 160 on an IQ test?

I just did an IQ test and I ot 160 which is really high I'm told. But what does it actualy measure? Why was it set up? and what other things is one likely to be good at if they also have A HIGH iq? also is 160 genious? And just how high is it? I'm quite clever but that doesn't mean to say that other people can't be cleverer then me, but just don't happen to be that good at IQ test right? x

Favorite Answer

Those IQ scores are absolutely invalid, and do not accept that as an accurate score.

A HUGE process goes into developing a true IQ test...norming, validity/reliability checks, etc. Real IQ tests are based on theory, not bogus puzzles that random people put together on the internet.

If you want a true assessment, ask a psychologist to administer a cognitive test, such as the WJ-III or the WISC.

Trust me. The very fact you are asking if a bogus IQ test you just took gives an accurate score tells me you DON"T have an IQ of 160. Sorry.

• Nathan4 years agoReport

You also capitalized huge you could've used an other word to express the eminent process of the intelligence Quotient test such as colossal.

• vela

160 Iq Score

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

IQ score of 160 on an IQ test?

I just did an IQ test and I ot 160 which is really high I'm told. But what does it actualy measure? Why was it set up? and what other things is one likely to be good at if they also have A HIGH iq? also is 160 genious? And just how high is it? I'm quite clever but that doesn't mean to...

Source(s): iq score 160 iq test: https://biturl.im/9SF7n
  • Crone

It's very high. Mensa, a group for people who score high on IQ tests, admits the top 2 percentile, which is approximately 140-145, depending on the test, etc.

Once upon a time, I remember one survey that said the average IQ of a PhD was about 130. Given the proliferation of PhDs since then, I'm sure the numbers have changed some.

Just about every day, I find myself observing that "We all have our strengths and weaknesses."

I have a big vocabulary, so tend to write IQ tests easily, On the other hand, I have trouble with spatial concepts. It's really difficult to drive in an unknown district, and my packing skills are pathetic. Oliver Sacks writes about 'idiot savants', people who are severly intellectually challenged, but have outstanding skills and talents in other areas.

If you have an IQ of 160 then you should have probably had a PhD by the age of 18.

My IQ is 160 - but I am of the mind that a high IQ is not indicative of actual intelligence. I know I am smart, but that does not necessarily mean I use my intelligence "wisely". God knows I make a lot of dumb/stupid mistakes. On the other hand, my "native intelligence" holds me in good stead and I am capable of doing many things not in keeping with my position in life. IQ is over rated - attend a MENSA meeting and you will see first hand for yourself. Who wants to hang with a bunch of non-entities all patting themselves on the back for being so smart.

• eri

Internet IQ tests have highly inflated scores - they are trying to sell you something, after all, and they don't accomplish that by insulting you. I think they're fun, so I've taken most of them - my score has been anywhere from 120 to 187. They are VERY inaccurate even as far as IQ tests go, and that's saying something since IQ tests aren't a good measure of intelligence anyway. Nothing is.

average IQ =100 . or the standard of 100 is what is measured against. any scores above 130 will need to be tested again and again. any test this high will have to be tested again and again

I took the same test at least 4 times and got a different score each time simply by remembering .

well the IQ test is simple,its got to do with your mind,not the state of it,if you look at your question there are a lot of spelling mistakes,Darran Brown uses you mind to make you think you a good ,But then he laughts at you,and his IQ is 98.