Question about choosing MOS.. Recruiter lying?

I have decided to go Intel for the Marines. Today when i set down with my recruiter to sign for a MOS he told me that you cant choose to go 02XX Intelligence only, but 26XX -- Signals Intelligence/Ground Electronic Warfare had to also be included. Is this true? When going Intel.... you have to sign for both... show more I have decided to go Intel for the Marines. Today when i set down with my recruiter to sign for a MOS he told me that you cant choose to go 02XX Intelligence only, but 26XX -- Signals Intelligence/Ground Electronic Warfare had to also be included.

Is this true? When going Intel.... you have to sign for both 02xx and 26xx? I only wanted to sign for 02xx that way i had a better chance to get Intel Specialist...

Please HELP
Update: Is it possible to choose to enlist in just 02xx Intel, or when enlisting for Intel, you have to go under 02xx and 26xx as well?
Update 2: Jobs for December havent come out yet..... he isnt giving me an alturnative because the billet is filled!