Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Question about choosing MOS.. Recruiter lying?

I have decided to go Intel for the Marines. Today when i set down with my recruiter to sign for a MOS he told me that you cant choose to go 02XX Intelligence only, but 26XX -- Signals Intelligence/Ground Electronic Warfare had to also be included.

Is this true? When going Intel.... you have to sign for both 02xx and 26xx? I only wanted to sign for 02xx that way i had a better chance to get Intel Specialist...

Please HELP

Is it possible to choose to enlist in just 02xx Intel, or when enlisting for Intel, you have to go under 02xx and 26xx as well?

Jobs for December havent come out yet..... he isnt giving me an alturnative because the billet is filled!

Favorite Answer

STOP RIGHT THERE..

The intell MOS is 0200 field and the other one is 2600 field..

Never ever have I heard of you having to sign up for two MOS's to get one..

I just read the requirements for intel MOS's and nowhere did it state you must be 2600 also.

It is my opinion that he is not being honest with you..Maybe things have changed but I would NEVER EVER sign a contract with a MOS that I did not want..

Here is what you can do..

--Have him show you a old contract with the same two MOS's

--Have him show you a MCO stating this to be a fact..Every MOS has a Marine Corps Order which is the legal rule for that MOS..It will say what is required to be enlisted in the 0200 field

--You can ask him why he never mentioned this earlier..and just ask him how these two MOS's are connected..If he sounds like he is searching for answers or if he says, "I dont have that MCO with me" then he is lieing to you..

The bottom line is this..Your the one who is going to do the work so if your contract does not read as you want it to then DO NOT sign it..Common sense should tell you that if your contract has two MOS's than chances are good that you will get either or..

Source(s): ask yourself this..If he also adds the 0300 infantry MOS and tells you that it also has to be on the contract to get intell as a MOS would you sign it? I didnt think so..Dont let yourself get suckered..

We are in different branch, but when was husbnand was to sign his contract with the recruiter, he was first promissed Aviation Mechanic Mate, then at the table they told him that it was not open anymore that if he wanted he could sign for something in submarines. He immediately called me and I said to sit there and wait. Turned out that the recruiter was saving the orders for a nephew. Ultimately he gave them to my husband, still he has some quota to fill.

So don't be fooled...... Good Luck!!!

Sounds like the billets you want are filled and he is offering you the closest matches that are open.

Source(s): BTW - getting trained in how to repair and maintain signals inttelligence equipment is a $100K/yr job when you get out.

he is lying!!!! i went in for intel in the Marines. he is trying to fill some quota or something. i went to intel school but flunked out because i was running behind some skirt but it is a good MOS because my friends completed and they picked up sargeant very quickly. intel is strictly 02XX........26XX is a totally different field

Source(s): former Marine

Why would the recruiter lie?

There are specialties where you start at the entry MOS and later on train for the Intel specialty.

click on which one you want to do and it well tell you the rank you need

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/02.ht...