Good book to read for summer reading, it needs to be historical Fiction!?

Thanks to nayone who helps me, i need a good book, i cant be bored, and i dont like to read like diaries, or Victorian girls, just not for me, thanks!

Best Answer

Bobbie Ann Mason:

In Country (Historical fiction about the impact of the Vietnam War on a small town in Kentucky)

Mildred D. Taylor: (Writing about Blacks in America during the Depression)

Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry and Let the Circle Be Unbroken

Joseph Heller:

Catch-22 (Historical Fiction set in WWII)

Corrie Ten Boom:

The Hiding Place (Non-Fiction about the Holocaust)

Elie Wiesel:

Night (Non-Fiction about the Holocaust); Dawn; and Day

Markus Zusak:

The Book Thief (Historical Fiction) and I Am the Messenger

Philippa Gregory:

The Other Boleyn Girl - Mary Boleyn comes to court at the age of fourteen and is noticed by Henry VIII. She basks in her role as unofficial queen until Henry begins to lose interest in her and turns to her sister, Anne.

• loved1

The site below will give you 1000's of choices on books by genre, author, previous titles you have read and so on.

Here are a few suggestions:

Anything by Janette Oke, she is awesome at historical fiction.

Island of the Innocent - Lynn Morris, Gilbert Morris

The Tender Vine - Kristen Heitzmann

Blood of Heaven - Bill Myers

Silk - Linda Chaikin

A Place Called Home - Lori Wick

Ever After - Karen Kingsbury

Mark of the Lion : A Voice in the Wind, An Echo in the Darkness, As Sure As the Dawn - Francine Rivers

All Together in One Place: A Novel of Kinship, Courage, and Faith - Jane Kirkpatrick

Christy - Marshall Catherine

The Complete Anne of Green Gables Boxed Set - L.M. Montgomery

Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray

Aftershocks by William Lavender

I really recommend Aftershocks. The cover may not look the most appealing and the summary isn't really that interesting, but it's like a must read book if you're into historical fiction. It has a little romance in it if you dont mind. Nothing too strong, just the slight courting in the early 1900s.

If you like medieval novels, you should try "The Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follet and the Cursed Kings by Maurice Duron or A Booke of Days by Steven J. Rivelle.

The last one is a fascinating account of the Crusades. Although it's fiction dressed up as 'look what I found in the archives', but if you read it, you'll see that it is indeed a novel.

Robert Merle: Fortune de France.

It's a 13 book series of historical novels recreating 16th and 17th century France through the eyes of a fictitious Protestant doctor turned spy. It has intrigue, love but still historic.

An other one:

Mika Waltari

Prolific Finnish writer, best known for "The Egyptian" and other historical novels. Sinuhe one of his best, richly descriptive and compelling novel of historical fiction... Mystery of kingdom just as good.

I recommend these, 'cos if you like their style their books going to last til the end of summer :)))

I think the BEST historical fiction writer is Irving Stone! You can choose from a huge variety of people and places: he's written about Vincent Van Gogh, the John Adams (early US), even the businessman who PROVED that Troy actually existed (before that it was supposedly just a legend).

The link seems to have a full list of his books; I even read a few I didn't think I'd be interested in (like the Adams' one) and they're all good!

Enjoy!

Well, I don't read much historical fiction, but you should really try Ann Rinaldi's "A Stitch In Time". Also, her "The Blue Door" is very good.

I would say "A Great and Terrible Beauty", but that kind of counts as victorian, doesn't it?

The Kitchen Boy, by Robert Alexander.

A story within a story, within a story.

It takes place during the Russian Revolution.

Characters include Tsar Nicholas and his family, while they were held captive by the Bolsheviks.

A young peasant boy caught in the middle of a very tumultuous time.

And then, fast-forward to present-day, for the "twist".

The three separate stories combine to reveal the main theme.

• The Young Royals books are really good. They might seem kind of dumb and juvenile reading the back but they actually are pretty good.

By Carolyn Meyer

They are really good and there are a ton of them check amazon.

Source(s): I read thema few years ago.

Depends what grade level & reading level you are at.

I don't know if your teacher would approve but the book "A Great and Terrible Beauty" I believe it is by Bray is good. If you like it I think it is a series.

The Last September-Elizabeth Bowen--about the war of independence in Ireland and how it affects (or does not) the Ascendancy.