Christians who believe man is the result of "intelligent design".....?

What exactly is it that is intelligent about our bodies? Before any of you start answer ("the eye!" or "look at how it all works together!" or somesuch), allow me to ask this: Why does the design have to be done by an intelligent source just for being what it is? How can you claim... show more What exactly is it that is intelligent about our bodies? Before any of you start answer ("the eye!" or "look at how it all works together!" or somesuch), allow me to ask this:

Why does the design have to be done by an intelligent source just for being what it is? How can you claim "design" when you cannot answer what the tailbone or appendix is for (other than "god's mysterious plans")? How could an UN-intelligent design be any different?

What I'm trying to say is that humans could be physicaly improved in endless ways. Evolution hasn't gotten us there yet, but if we were designed we should have no flaws at all. (Please don't say "sin"..what does sin have to do with an appendix?). If we were blue with 4 arms, 1 eye and 3 hearts, would you still think we were "designed"?

What is your basis for comparison here??
Update: Michael, how can a perfect being design anything imperfect?? By your own faith, it should be impossible. So sorry.