Christian brothers and sisters. Do you think that the Lord treasures when we have a responsive heart to Him?

A lot of damage has taken place in man because of sin and the fall. Much transformation has to take place in our being through the working of the Lord's Spirit in us. I was just considering how happy it must make the Lord when we have a responsive heart towards Him as He seeks to work to wrought Himself into us.

Do you see a difference in your christian life when you are more responsive to the Lord's speaking, wooing, working?

Even if it means enduring suffering or being tempered by Him? How has your cooperation given the Lord a greater way to work in you and through you?

Ty for sharing

Your sister

sandy

Favorite Answer

(((Sandy)))

There is always a difference when I'm more responsive to Him. There are times, and I've been in one of those ruts for a couple of weeks now, that I don't spend as much time with Him. During these 'muddlygrubs', I have a tendency to be more irritable, less compassionate, and generally in a bad mood. When I turn back to Him, though, the change is almost instant. When I deny myself time in His presence, I am slowly being reclaimed by the world. When I make the time to spend with Him, He reiterates His claim on me. He's so patient and kind with me. My heart is so prone to wander, but, like Hosea, He is ever waiting for me to return so He can pick me back up again.

He takes me a little farther into the transformation each time. It's kind of like taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back. He began the good work in me, and I know He will be faithful to complete it. I just have to keep fighting my flesh.

Karl Barth says God is unknowable. I agree. It is kind of anthropomorphizing to talk about whether God has human emotions.

I rather believe that it is impossible to comprehend Him in any way, whether it be thought, word or deed.

We've always been trying to talk about what is pleasing or displeasing to God, and we really don't have any basis for comparison.

I mean, can the pot comprehend the potter? These questions trouble me because they sound somewhat presumptuous, even a bit arrogant. Most of the time, we are not sure what the will of God is, if we're truthful. To try to talk about how God does or does not "feel" is borrowing trouble, just about as much as the effort to definitely describe the Trinity, or to describe Jesus' nature.

I understand the desire of people to bring God down to the here and now, but I'm afraid too often, people are quick to point to an intimate God, totally forgetting the lesson of Genesis 1. And then there are those who point always to Gen. 1, and forget about the lesson of Gen. 2.

One poet says

Thy art as close to us as breathing,

Yet farther than the farthermost star.

We have to keep paying attention to both sides of this divine tension, or we lose out on a large part of Who God is.

(((((Sandy)))))

In staying open to Him, we allow Him to shape us constantly; to turn us back into the people He created us to be. Living in this world leads people to building walls around themselves, and around their hearts. Choosing to vulnerable is *hard*. It does mean getting hurt, but it also means the Lord is able to abide in us, and re-shape us.

It's the only way we can truly be happy; and it's the only way we can show the world who He really is. I have a picture in my mind: (I always get these when I answer your questions... am sorry, cos they're probably worthless, but am not great with words, so pictures give me context, I think) we're all 3D jigsaw puzzles, and while we're on this earth, we're put together wrong. There are gaps and holes, and we try to fill them with what the world has to offer - which just corodes the gaps and holes even further.

But in being responsive to Jesus, He takes us apart - and, yes, it can be so very painful - and re-builds us, only He knows what goes where, and as He re-builds us and re-shapes us, all those gaps and holes disappear and we become whole.

That's when it no longer *hurts* when people are mean: because we are fed solely by the love of God; not by our need to be accepted by the world. And that's when we can truly go out there and be His hands, and show people who He really is.

That's not to say we can't do so when we're still growing and changing. We're all growing and changing all the time! But the more open to Him we are, the more He molds us and soften us: makes us more gentle and vulnerable - but safer, too.

I don't even know if I've answered properly. Am sorry if not. But I think He treasures it because it shows we have faith. We trust Him more than we fear being hurt.

God bless you, sister. x

"Only when I have been invited into someones home, and am

given the opportunity to share my personal testimony, and

maybe answer a few questions concerning the Holy Bible."

"Other than that, all I Look into from my Life, is the sacrifices

I have made for people, (mostly children), who couldn't and

wouldn't do one single thing for me in return."

"I have been slandered by many people. Some of them were

wealthy, some were even in high, political positions."

"However, nobody can Lie to those people who are physically

handicapped and mentally challenged, about me."

"Ironic? The opinions from the children and adults that matter

the most to me, don't matter to anybody else, at all."

My husband can be a very difficult man. We both work all the time and raise a family of 6 children. At the end of the day, he comes home and expects to be waited on, while not participating in what goes on to take care of a family and home. His attitude is that he put in a full days work (12 hrs +) and he's done. Well my argument to him was that I put in those kind of hours often too, not all the time, but still, even when I don't work as long, when I get home, I feel like my real work has just begun. A lot of resentment was created between us, because I felt like while he relaxed and lying down for a peaceful nights sleep, I'm still slaving away and pass out when I can't do anymore. So I prayed 'Lord change that man.' He led me to a verse where Paul was saying 'Wives submit to your husbands.' WHAT? Submit to that man? You mean do even more? He's already like another large child when he comes home. I thought, this can't be right, God can't be asking me to do this. Later that day, I turned on a Christian talk show, one i don't normally watch. John Bevere was on there talking about his new book, all about submitting one to another. I wanted to turn it off, but I watched and learned that submitting is not bowing down and serving hand and foot, it's about an attitude. Ok, so I had to admit that my attitude was pretty stinky. Later I learned the story of another early well known unbeleiver, turned pastor and his wife. He would lock her out of the house and make her sleep on the porch if she went to church, then in the morning he would let her in so she could cook his breakfast. But instead of busting him over the head with a frying pan, she cooked his breakfast and treated him with all kindness and respect. As a result, this mans life was completeky changed and he became a well known, powerful preacher in his day. I just can't remember his name. So I prayed, 'Ok God, I get the message, just please give me the strength to be obedient to you.' I decided to change my attitude toward him, had to bite my tongue many times, it wasn't easy, but as a result, over a little time, my husband actually helps cook, get kids ready for bed, and even helps with laundry and dishes. And our relationship has improved.

There is a song called None of Self and All of Thee. This song has 4 verses and it sums up everything that a child of God should feel about Him. When we are able to completely get rid of self and let God handle our life, then will we be truly happy and God will be delighted. It's not easy because we are not perfect, but we can have peace of mind if we have obeyed the truth and are willing to submit our lives to Him.

Sandy,

I believe that every good quality that we possess; be it a responsive heart, love for others, etc. is something that our Father put in us. Scripture says, "All good gifts come down from above - from the Father of lights". This way we cannot get puffed up. If we believe that we have any good in ourselves of our own power, this is works and arrogance and the enemy of grace. If I'm lacking in anything, it's because God hasn't given it to me yet. If there is anything good about me, it is only because God made it that way. To Him be all glory. For He says, "My glory will I not give to another".

• Lynn C

The thing is God already knows what we will do before we do it, we are sinners, plain and simple, but we must fully come to God in our Hearts, we must repent and turn from sin.

The Lord waits on us, did you ever think of that, while we come around, The Lord is waiting for you and me. To come Home to HIm. Jesus bought us back, now we must fully accept Gods precious gift.

• Jed

I kind of picture myself being the stubborn mule in the field.

Have you ever tried to get one to even move?

If we listen, we're easier to work with.

When we don't, not much can get done with either of us.

Yup, there IS a difference.

Absolutely! And how much greater is our reward while on earth!!

Perfect love heals so let the love of Jesus heal you perfectly within!