Anyone willing to answer questions about being a Jehovah Witness?

I am not here to mock anyone's belief system, but there are things that I would really like to know about being a Jehovah Witness, seperate fact from fiction so to speak. My husband and I just got custody of his son, and the mother of the child claims to be a Jehovah Witness. She is very hostile about loosing... show more I am not here to mock anyone's belief system, but there are things that I would really like to know about being a Jehovah Witness, seperate fact from fiction so to speak. My husband and I just got custody of his son, and the mother of the child claims to be a Jehovah Witness. She is very hostile about loosing her son, which had nothing to do with her faith, and everything to do with her ignoring him and his school work. However, having said that, this is still a hard time for her and I am trying my best to not do things that are against her relegion or encourage my step-son to do things that are against her relegion. However, due to the hostile nature of the custody battle she is unwilling to talk about her relegion with us, but is quick to point out when we do things wrong according to her relegion. We need help, we need people that are willing to answer questions about being a Witness and the internet is very conflicting on what it really is to be a Witness. Can anyone help?
Update: I acknowledge that there are people out there that consider being a JW akin to being in a cult or undergoing brainwashing. YOU ARE NOT BEING HELPFUL! So please stop posting these remarks. The fact is that the only thing the mother asked for was final say on all matters religious, and then we threw in "As... show more I acknowledge that there are people out there that consider being a JW akin to being in a cult or undergoing brainwashing. YOU ARE NOT BEING HELPFUL! So please stop posting these remarks. The fact is that the only thing the mother asked for was final say on all matters religious, and then we threw in "As long as it does not interfere with any school activity". She agreed. My husband and I are not very religious, but we are both Christians, and while we both believe in God and say our blessings before every meal and thank Jesus Christ, we do not attend church, nor do we plan on being hypocrites by trying to attend church to try and over-rule his mother's religion. She gave up her son without a trial, and this was all that she asked for, so we are trying to teach my step-son differences between JW and Christianity without being mean or saying one is right. When he is with us he is Christian, with her a JW, he is only 5, I am trying to find out information to make this easier onall