Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

How can all the corrupt people/greedy business people do what they do without care of how it affects society?

Better yet, why are they so convinced that their corruption, greed, and exploitation, if they do any of that, not trickle down to the masses, and get exposed? They'll pay illegal mexicans and others slave wages to fix up their houses and yards, perform in interests of greed only, and do highway robbery on a daily basis.

Yet these people sleep at night, and go about their daily lives without a care in the world.

What if, people become disgruntled and start to really take a stand of some sorts?

Why are all these "evil" people getting away with it all?

Society, hell, this world is SO corrupt, and everything is a little game. There's politics, protocol, a way of doing things, and complications in EVERYthing. It's disguisting.

Also everything is a business, including healthcare and colleges, so you're just a number, and they make money off of you, treat you like garbage, don't even care.

Everyone's out for themselves.

How much longer can we go on living like this, in such a corrupt and disguisting society?

Not just us, obviously.

Most of the masses don't seem aware of this or care.

This "system" sucks, and so many take advantage of it, that it feels like we're living in an evil world.

Favorite Answer

Money, my disgruntled friend, is the answer to your question. People like this don't have to think about the people that are doing their bidding, they just have to think of the bottom line which is to amass as much money as possible.

Profit and loss is all that matters, it's all that has mattered for many, many years. People think the slave trade is gone, but hell, it's just as bad as it ever was, just in a different way. And we're all guilty of it, not just the fat cats. Who makes the clothes and shoes we wear? Who picks the tea and coffee we drink? Who grows and picks the fruit that we so ravenously crave to keep us healthy? Who makes the gadgets we use to keep ourselves amused?

I'll tell you who - slaves. The majority of these industries, the hard work is done on the ground level by people too poor to have any option but to do it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming you. I wear the clothes, I eat the fruit, I drink the coffee and use the gadgets, we all (apart from a very small minority) do, we are guilty of propogating this behaviour, but really ; are you going to change?

I know that as much as I dislike it, I'm going to continue living the way I do. I'm smart enough to know that people who say the system can be changed are fantasists, living in a dream world. I wish that it were the case that we could make a difference, but generally money talks and there are too many huge corporations, making too much of it to change just for the ordinary man in the street.

The way it works is: if we don't like it...tough. Sad, but true.

PS- I'm not supporting these things at all btw, just saying it like it is.

Source(s): Realist
  • dundi

Wow, you really have on some brown tinted glasses..... The world, human nature, has always been this way. Abraham Lincoln said, if you look for the bad in people, you will always find it. So, don't dwell on it. Just be good and try to find balance. There are wonderful people in this world too. My father is extremely ethical and honest and hard-working. I am lucky, because not everyone has a great role-model growing up either. Anyway, I try to see the good not just the bad.

• sazama

I wish I knew the respond to that. i think of the fairly some the explanation why are human beings do no longer fee friendships, they view human beings as a thank you to benefit what they like, and that they do no longer care with regard to the sentiments of others. an trouble-free term for this sort of character is Sociopath.

Because they think that they are above the law and that no matter how much they do or how far they corrupt society, they are so rich and powerful that they will not get caught and will not get in trouble!

well the corrupt at always the rich, money is the root of evil

Source(s): money makes the world go around its sad but true its has always been like that and always will be

WHo will honestly stop them?

The government has the power, but not the will

Evil have no Conscious.

You really HAVE your answer---and I agree.

Quote: "Everyone's out for themselves."

Dont they have Blogs for this sort of thing? You know, ranting?

Oh shush shush.