D-link router configuration server 192.168.0.1 not working?!?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I've tried to gain access to it but it doesn't work. It just says the page was taking too long to respond and couldn't?
Update : I know how to set up a router, however my dad decided to do it last time, ...show more
Best Answer
That is the correct default address for a D-Link. But, try 192.168.1.1 anyway. There may be something wrong with the router. You can do the complete reset by pressing the red button in the little hole for 15 seconds. Then if 192.168.0.1 doesn't work, it's broken.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (3)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Ms.Gee answered 6 years ago
    I would have to agree with Lawrence..check the IP first, if IP is correct, check your default gateway number..usually that would be your router's address...check if it's still 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 etc...
    resetting the router to factory settings will usually take 30secs
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • SNikS answered 6 years ago
    On your computer go to start >> run >> "cmd" (for win xp) for vista just go to start and type "cmd" in the search area.
    Now in the command prompt type "ipconfig" and hit enter. This will list your ip address, subnet mask and default gateway. If your default gateway is listed, try pinging it. This is the address of your router which you would access with your browser.

for ex: ping 192.168.1.1

If your computer is properly connected, you should see something like this:

Pinging 192.168.1.1 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=4ms TTL=64
    Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.1:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 2ms, Maximum = 4ms, Average = 2ms

if you don't get any replies back or if you don't see an IP address when you type ipconfig, you might not be connected to the router.

other suggestions, type "ipconfig /all" and see if DHCP is enabled.

And you do have the power on when you are pushing the little pin in to reset it right (for about 30-50 seconds)
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • asker answered 6 years ago
    Are you sure the IP address is correct? remember, it all depends on the last two numbers.

Secondly, make sure it's plugged into your LAN card and the router is plugged in and switched on.

It may be worth restarting your router by turning it on and off again, or even resetting it by pushing a pen into the tiny RESET hole on the router.
    This would completly erase all of your settings back to factory defaults, so if you don't know how to set it up, leave it for now.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block