what should I place on resume after being a homemaker for 3 years?

Favorite Answer

How about "Please hire me, I could use a day off!" :-)

As an employer and probably biased-former homemaker, I assume certain qualities and skills from parents who have spent time out of the workforce to raise children. I consider it a very legitimate job, sort of a cross between a teacher, manager, nurse, psychologist and motivational speaker, among other things. Of course, I also assign those qualities to parents in general.

When I review a resume' of someone who has taken time out of the workforce, what wins my confidence is a sense of purpose and pride about whatever it was they did or accomplished during that time. The most valuable employees are those that have positive attitudes about things in general and stable personal lives. A positive mindset comes with limitless attributes.

Here's a list I found, though, of the top 10 qualities employers look for, I hope it helps!!

NACE Survey of the 10 Most Desirable Qualities in Prospective Employees

Communication skills

(writing, public speaking andconversational. Foreign languagecompetence is often mentioned aswell)

Work experience

(employment history, preferably experiencerelevant to the job you presently seek)

Motivation/initiative

(commitment to life-long learning, evidence ofprojects undertaken and completed, evidence ofability to meet challenges)

Teamwork skills

(evidence of success in working with others)

Leadership abilities

(evidence that you have ability to lead groupseffectively, achieving group goals.)

GPA/ academic

(good GPA, broad exposure to liberal arts andrecord sciences, job-relevant course work)

Technical skills

(especially computer and other technical skills thatwill be directly employed in the workplace)

Interpersonal skills

(effective interact ional style)

Analytical skills

(reasoning, problem solving skills, statisticalcompetence)

Ethics

(integrity, social and personal responsibility)

Homemaker Resume

1

Source(s): Good Writing Job http://givitry.info/WritingJobsOnline

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): place resume homemaker 3 years: https://biturl.im/rTJ3h

Homemaker is a really good one for a resume, especially if you had a decent job before you made the switch. If you're using one of those Microsoft Word templates, under job title, put "homemaker" with no employer name, but use the correct dates. If you're using the format where you use a paragraph to describe duties or skills, put it into a narrative format. "I chose to take a break from outside employment while my children were small to ensure the best home life possible for my family," and go on to mention volunteer work or community service you may have gotten involved with during that time.

Your other option is to leave it blank and let the potential employer ask you about the gap, but I wouldn't advise that in today's job market.

Source(s): Was a SAHM for 4 years and had to muddle through it myself.

Housewife Resume

The first two are right. A homemaker is a job you do all the things that the second person said. I would put down homemaker when asked for a description u can put the other things down.

Good Luck!

I recently faced this dilemna myself. I wrote that I had been a home maker but added all of the things that I had also done outside of the home during that period of time and the skills that I learnt.

For example: I was parent rep for my sons class at school, I was President of the Board of Directors for the co-op I lived in etc.

There are several resources online that can help you with writing a resume when you are returning to work after parental leave.

Good luck :)

Just put in that you were a homemaker.

I know it doesn't sound like a job, but it shows the employer that you're not lazy, that you are able to handle stress, that you have time management skills etc.

don't lie, cos that's a bad start. but you could emphasise the things that you are good at, like multi tasking, budgeting, time management etc. being a homemaker is not a walk in the park, and most employers realise that.