What does it mean to "choose the ladder"? I have a good idea I would just like a better explaination. Thanks

I believe it means to chose the more practical or easier choice.

Favorite Answer

Tee hee hee. It's choose the 'latter'. Of two choices, the second one. "You should go to China. Or Japan. If it were me, I'd choose the latter." (Japan) China would be the former(one).

• fauver

I Choose The Ladder

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/yL4kS

To me the word BELIEVE suggests that you take as fact something for which you have no empirical proof. eg I believe in God, I believe that I have a soul, I believe that God says I can't have a blood transfusion, I believe that if I covet my neighbour's donkey (system won't let me say a$s) I may not go to heaven, I believe in UFOs etc. If we use the word BELIEVE to mean that we accept a particular explanation as the best answer based on all the knowledge we have at hand then, sure atheists believe in all sorts of stuff. I Believe that failing some cataclysmic event (or clouds) the sun will come up tomorrow. I believe that evolution provides the best theory on how we came to be the way we are today. And here's something I realised just the other day. Everybody believes in the supernatural. Before you scoff... Unless we already know everything there is to know AND nature refers to the material universe and its phenomena as we know it THEN what we don't know is beyond nature (supernatural). There are a lot of beliefs that you can have and God is just one of them.

Try looking for challenges in life rather than easy short cuts.