I am in desperate need of a loan to continue paying my mortgage and take my 9 year old daughter on holiday?

I have been cheated out of a £10,000 payment owed to me through work,there is not much i can do about it, i have future secure well paying work, its just a temporary cash flow problem. Who or where can i get this help ? The banks and lenders are denying me because of some ancient adverse credit history caused by my ex wife. help

• Favorite Answer

Dot make a bad situation worse!

Neither a borrower nor a lender be;

For loan oft loses both itself and friend and borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

• bizzy

If you have future well paying work arranged, then surely your 9 year old can wait another year or so for a holiday.

As far as the mortgage is concerned, you need to talk to your lender to see if they can allow you some sort of temporary reduced payment (for example going from repayment arrangement to interest only, or a payment holiday). Many of the more reputable lenders will offer this.

When you have extra money from your future well paying work I strongly suggest you pay extra off your mortgage to give yourself a buffer against this situation happening again. There are going to be plenty of lean times ahead in this economic climate, and you need to have planned accordingly.

Could you daughter have a 'holiday' by staying with a relative for a few days? An older relative might enjoy having a youngster to stay for a few days, and your daughter enjoy the 1 to 1 attention that older people can give. My cousin used to holiday at her great-grandma's once a year, and her highlight was being allowed to polish the brass ornaments (true!) Another cousin used to come to spend a week at my house as we were a similar age. It was great fun.

A loan for mortgage payments and a holiday!!! Are you crazy??

I would love to go on holiday...... I haven't had a two week holiday for....... 6 years!! At the moment even if I want to go on holiday for a week I have to go out of season, I simply can not afford the over inflated prices!!

Sometimes you have to sacrifice luxuries to keep hold of larger luxuries, in my case the house. This is thankfully only a temporary situation I am in. Trying to pay the mortgage off as quick as possible.

Anyway, you state (moan) that lenders will not lend you any money due to an old bad debt..... to be honest I don't blame them..... just by reading your question, it easy to see you have got bad debt written all over you.

In UK, immediately go see Citizens Advise = there are strict time limits for taking action against your former employer (eg. Employment Tribunal .. the absolute limit is 12 months and they will only consider a claim after 6 months in 'exceptional' circumstances).

Give up the idea of a holiday (or get your ex-wife to pay) until you have sorted out the Mortgage .. if you are having difficulty meeting payments talk to the mortgage co. .. plainly it is FAR cheaper to take a 'payment holiday' than another loan .. the mortgage co. might also agree to 6 months or a year (or even more) of 'interest only' payments whilst you sort yourself out .. (just DON'T tell them you 'need money for a holiday' :-) )

I assume you have already max'd out your Credit Cards ?

.. well focus on paying them down ASAP .. cut out ALL luxuries until the balances are zero ..

Dont borrow.. Will worsen situation. Ok talk to mortgage Co. about a temporary lower payment. Your daughter will love just being with you, days in the park etc. without spending lots on a holiday..Just be sensible. As you say long term you will be OK So wait a while for the extras then... Don't have to have them now...

I think you should defer the holiday. I would look to a social services agency which might be able to help you with some money or at least food. To pay your mortgage, you might have to sell some things. You can also pawn anything of value, and get it back when you have money again. You should also look into a part-time job if you need money and can't sell anything.

Don't expect anyone to lend you money, unless they're already friend or family.

I understand the desire to take your daughter on vacation, or holiday, but the home has to come first. Contact your mortgage company- they can help you with a temporary lower payment, or skipping your next payment- they will add it to the end of your loan. Do not take out additional debt, in my experience this will only make a hard situation worse

Source(s): 9 years in credit industry

to all the people who said "take your former emploer to court". it looks to me like he is self employed and has lost 10K of his income.

however, no one is going to give you a loan to take your daughter on holiday. I (and therefore my kids) havent had a holiday in the last 12 years because we cannot afford it. so that needs to wait until you can. if you havent got the money then you obviously CANT.

so that just leaves the mortgage. all you can do is talk to the lender. it might be worth looking at a re-mortgage, raising some capital that way, then using that capital to pay of mortgage until business is back up and bring in the bacon.

Need Funds Quickly? Get a Personal Loan:

http://www.cpaclicks.com/contextual.asp?a=8356&b=1...

You've gotten several offers for "Advance Fee Loan Fraud"...

Here are some tips for determining whether a loan is legitimate or a scam:

1) They don't use a free email address (yahoo, gmail, hotmail, live, etc)

2) They have a secure website you can go to to fill out their application (this isn't 100%... do a search with the company + fraud and also + scam... and check the BBB)

3) They don't require ANY fees upfront. Any fees will come out of proceeds of the loan (scammers want their fees via Western Union or Moneygram)

4) They have a REAL address you can send mail to

5) They have a REAL phone number, not a cel phone

6) Look at their profile - usually created in the last 48 hours. Why? Because they get reported for this, yahoo deletes the accounts, so they just open a new one and send again until they are deleted once more!

7) If you're STILL not convinced, despite one or more of the above applying, check them out for yourself: http://www.nextwebsecurity.com/LocationTools.asp allows you to search for their IP... turn on your full headers and check each one of the IP's in their email to you! Or check the data base at: http://www.419legal.org/ ...if nothing shows up, post your email under: http://www.419legal.org/fradulent-email/ and a professional will check them out for you... (please include FULL headers minus your personal information)... Once you've checked them and are convinced they are scammers, please forward a copy of their "loan application" to abuse@yahoo.com, abuse@hotmail.com, etc