Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionSoap Operas · 1 decade ago

Todd on OLTL. PFFFFTTTT?

Personally, I hate the fact that OLTL totally tries to whitewash the fact that Todd brutally raped Marty.

I mean, I find it totally disgusting that he'd even have the heart to go off on Cole about "raping" Starr when he knew fully well that the sex was consensual after he did that to Marty and the only person who had the balls to bring it up was John.

I equally find it unrealistic that Marty "forgave" Todd. Please, no one forgets being gang-raped. And no one entirely forgives the one who 1) orchestrated it all 2) raped her first and 3) shoved the sweatshirt down her throat to keep her quiet.

Anyone else agrees with me?

Favorite Answer

Todd is - among many other things - a psychopath. It's very unrealistic that someone could even tolerate being around him after such an incident. I totally agree with you.

I do. I have found the whole Cole and Starr deal with Psycho Daddy offensive. Even the actor himself has had problems with the story line and has stated more than once that if it were reality he would demand that his character be put in prison.

One of the reasons the original actor left the show was the publicity and the sickos who actually liked him for what he did on the show.

I think that OLTL has jumped the shark, especially since the return of their pre-strike writing team. Killing Nash and having Todd go psycho again is just stupidly over the top.

No. While I'm not minimizing what Todd did to Marty AT ALL, I think a part of the healing process for Marty was that she needed to forgive him so that she could move on with her life. I'm excited that Susan Haskell is back because she made Marty a stronger person and I think that's because she found it in herself to forgive Todd, who I honestly think regrets what he did to her.

OLTL has painted Todd Manning the one we love to hate, but recently there has been less love. I think that it has always been Starr that has made us love him and the rift if killing his character. We wanted Todd to be who Starr always thought he was a great person, mostly a great dad. This storyline is proving he doesn't even treat his children right.

I agree, but some people can forgive things like that b/c of religion or other reasons. I personaly couldnt but some can and they are really good people cause I could never do it. Todd is wacked in the head and needs help. He needs to be in prison for the stuff he has pulled lately.

• lostie

I agree with you. How could Marty forgive something so terrible?

• Nicole

I 100% agree with you

i just hate the rape issue they were over 14 when they made love

and the other she pregnant at 16 bad story line