Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

i need some good (not scary)scary movies?

something like 1408, where there isnt any gore..and something thats a little mysterious, even humourous at times.

i laughed SO HARD during 1408 like the refridgerator part and when the superintendant wouldnt go in the room to fix the thermostat, and when their was like al; this music at the begining when he was walking up to the room and he opens the door and everything is tense and hes like "this is IT?" lol and the whole mood stops. lmao

..yeah so any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

The 4th Floor (1999)

starring Juliette Lewis, William Hurt, Shelley Duvall, Austin Pendleton, Tobin Bell, Robert Costanzo

IMDB synopsis:

A young woman moves into a new apartment that she inherited from her grandmother, who had died there in a bizarre accident. She is immediately confronted by totally bizarre neighbors and someone who is obviously out to get her as mice and flies engulf her apartment. But with the array of weirdos around her, who might it be? Everyone warns her to stay away from her upstairs neighbor, but he is the only one who shows any kindness. Supposedly the neighbor below her is an 80-year-old woman, but she hammers the floor so hard when the young woman moves furniture that she breaks tiles. Perhaps she should change her mind and move in with her weatherman boyfriend.

House on Haunted Hill (1959)

starring Vincent Price, Carol Ohmart, Carolyn Craig, Richard Long, Elisha Cook, Jr.

IMDB synopsis:

Millionaire playboy Fredrick Loren hosts a party for his fourth wife, Annabelle, at the house on Haunted Hill, which has seen seven murders. Fredrick invites five guests and offers each of them $10,000 to spend the night in the purportedly haunted house. At midnight, the caretakers lock the doors, and the terror begins!

Personally, I find the original "Amityville Horror" extremely funny, with it's over-the-top performances, especially by Rod Steiger as the priest (the worst culprit), Helen Slater as the psychic friend, and the woman who plays Margot Kidder's character's sister, the nun who has to stop to upchuck. Generally, I don't make fun of movies that aren't intentionally funny, but this one has me bursting into giggles at the absurdity of some situations, especially knowing how at-odds the real-life situation was, as noted by the people who moved in next.

The Grudge

What lies Benethe

One Missed Call

Misery

Gothika was one of those films that are meant to be scary but really arn't, lots of laughing moments in that for me. Can't think of any others that I've seen that don't involve gore sorry.

Comedy Movies.Agreed

lady in the water

-some parts i laughed really hard at because of their facial expressions. no gore, but still frightning

-my friends and i thought the blair witch project was funny after we saw it. it swears a LOT and there's a little gore but not SUPER gory.

One that I really like that isn't really scary and has no gore, but is very suspenceful is Fractured. I've seen it more than once and it gets better each time.

• bri

You cant beat the nighmare on elm street movies

the orphanage is really good. it's a spanish movie, so there are subtitles, but it is really, really good.

grudge my personal fave

shaun of the dead