A serious question about AMERICA'S terrible HEALTH CARE system...?

Did you know our life expectancy rate has topped 78 for the first time ever? Turns out, we have "falling mortality rates in almost all the leading causes of death." Is this something that can really occur in a country with such terrible health care? Maybe it's just me....but I would think a country... show more Did you know our life expectancy rate has topped 78 for the first time ever? Turns out, we have "falling mortality rates in almost all the leading causes of death."

Is this something that can really occur in a country with such terrible health care? Maybe it's just me....but I would think a country with a dwindling health care system would have a LOWER life expectancy rate from year to year....
Update: NOT FALLEN - It has GONE UP!
Update 2: The question is a mockery (reread)
Update 3: PIP - I'm glad you said "Universal" and not "socialized." Universal is 100% coverage....whereas socialized is a government ran (or at least highly involved) program. In theory, socialized medicine works in the way you have discribed. But I'd like to see a source providing information... show more PIP - I'm glad you said "Universal" and not "socialized." Universal is 100% coverage....whereas socialized is a government ran (or at least highly involved) program. In theory, socialized medicine works in the way you have discribed. But I'd like to see a source providing information about how it has actually been successful in that way....it might take a while to find....
Update 4: Sahara....I don't even know how to respond to that....except to say you need to RE-READ this question and its supporting comments.....