Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Christians: when you are called for a 'Prayer Request'.. and you agree, how do you do it?

how do you pray for that person if you don't know him/her?

let's say 'Mickey Mouse' ask for your prayers... what do you do?

email him for more information about this person, or do you just simply pray: 'Lord, please help Mickey Mouse' ? and if this is the way yo do, does it really works? i mean, by giving the Lord just a nickname? since he knows it all

assuming this person is not one of your contacts, of course

or do you simply answer in the request 'yes i will pray for you' and you simply forget about it?

this is a serious question, i am really curious about it...

share your thoughts

Favorite Answer

God knows the details of the person your praying for Jacqueline with out you divulging that information . I personally type the prayer out right away so I wont forget about it.. That's if the yamster does not delete it ( like they usually do prayer request ) before I get a chance to do so. I pray to the best of my ability based on the information the person has provided.. Hope that helped....God bless you !

Source(s): The Bible / 38 yrs. life experience

For newcomers or those seeking re acceptance to the faith an alter call is good . If we do as we are supposed to do.with God that is what is more imporrtant than not ghoing to the alter. The humility aspect seen in Christ is how we often survive in the working world and cope with lifes uncertainties. This one reason to go to the alter to seek forgiveness. Alter calls can be for prayers and other reasons too. Prayer request can help issues that are tougher for new believers too. A spirit led group will pray for certain issues.If the Holy spirit is uneasy about other issues they will decide as a group and these will not be prayed about. These can greatly assist them . Other times outsiders want people at the al;ter fpor some reason and the spirit led church body realizes this and others know that a chastening of sorts is going on> This does not usually occur yet some see falling oiuts with certain groups as sin and really not as such. If someone is in denial about Christ and has not Christ as they ought to then the alter call helps them receive Christ as Saviour and Lord. This can mean the better with events they face.

When I receive a prayer request- whether I know the person or not- I pray right then for that person- usually I will remember in my usually prayers too, but I am human and sometimes forget- and sometimes- love when this happens- like months later- Ill be like driving in my car and have a feeling about that person (whether knew them or not) will come over me and I will pray right there for them- if I dont know them I pray about whatever the situation is and pray God to be with them- God knows all of us- so I dont really have to know great details.

I don't need to know the person I'm praying for. God knows the person I'm praying for, and knew about their situation long before I prayed. God is interested in growing us in our compassion for others and wants us to grow in community. He also uses prayer to draw our attention to His doings in our lives. Does it work? Wow, I'm sad that you have to ask. I've never had a prayer fall on deaf ears.

If I feel moved out of compassion to know more, I ask for more. If I am asked to not pry for details, but just to pray, I will do that as well because again, God knows the whole story.

When I pray, I make is in submission to His will. What I pray more is for people's comfort, understanding, growth in relationship with Him, and for their peace of mind. I have seen enough to know that EVERY bad thing that happens is used for good eventually. God has a miraculous way of turning lemons into proverbial lemonade -- in an amazing, intricate, astounding way. Sometimes it takes years.

You didn't exactly ask, but I dont' believe in a set phrase or posture -- but a moment of mental silence in which all my attention is on God and the person I'm petitioning on behalf of. I honestly think I sound ridiculous when I try to vocalize, so it's usually a silent prayer with (usually) closed eyes. There has been no magical ritual that has worked any better for me than how I currently do it.

The crazy cool thing is that MOST of my prayers are answered within 24 hours -- even if it's just a clear message of "I heard you and you're just going to have to be patient to see how supernaturally and wonderfully I handle this." He seriously blows me away sometimes. I've spontaneously sobbed (happy tears) on account of some of his answers.

The example that comes to mind is when I had an ileostomy several years back. I was a single parent, and I had just started my new job. Problem was, I needed medical supplies in order to be able to work, and I had no money until I got my first paycheck. If my pouch came off at work, I would be too humiliated to ever return. It is so nasty you CANNOT imagine. So I prayed (rummaging through my medicine cabinet), "God, I have no idea how you're going to manage this, but you always do. So let's just agree that I'm going to trust you in this and you're going to use this to grow me in faith." The next two days, when my last pouch should have been dissolving and falling off, it held better than it ever had. No embarrassing situations, no nastiness. When I stopped at the mailbox on the third day, there was a sample pack of ostomy supplies -- exactly what I needed and just enough to hold me until my paycheck. No more, no less. Just enough.

That is just one of THOUSANDS he's answered just the same sort of way. Practical, immediate, and memorable. There is no question, when it happens, where the answer or solution has come from. It never fails to demonstrate his abundant, practical and personal brand of love.

God is SOOOO COOL!!

• KL

I just pray something like, "Lord please help this lady (or this person) with her marriage (or whatever her prayer request is)".

The Lord who knows the number of grains of sand, the number of hairs on my head, and who calls the stars by name knows exactly which lady it is that I'm praying for. He knows her needs.

I also pray for random strangers sometimes --- and I've even had long term prayers (I mean, praying daily for an issue for an extended period of time) for people whose names I don't know. Again --- God knows. He can handle it.

• Miss A

You pray about the person or whatever situation they are going through and need prayer for.

And yes, there have been times that when someone has asked me to pray for them and I have honestly forgotten. But God knows my heart.

But I have learned not to ask just anyone to pray for me because I don't know what god/gods they are praying to. Or even if they believe in God for that manner.

God already knows the need, but He wants to hear it from us. He knows who the person really is, even if I don't. It is the same as praying for someone who says he or she has an "unspoken" at church. We pray for the person and for God's will in that situation.

I would just pray for the person. I would probably say something like this:

Lord please bless Mickey Mouse. Please let your will be done for Mickey. I don't know what Mickey is in need of but you do, please let your will be done for his life. I ask this in your holy name, amen.

I wouldn't say it like this every single time but I would pray for them if I told them that I would.

You simply pray for the person.

• By the time I would say "Okay", I would have already prayed.

However, I think some people save all their prayers for nighttime. I don't. I pray anytime I want.

:)