ladies, do you say the iqama?

salam, ladies. do you say the iqama before you pray as women are not required to say it. i didnt but my cousin always did so i started saying it. so my questions is is it better to say it, do you get hasannah or does it make any difference

xxjazakallahxx

Best Answer

No I don't. I don't even know the Adhan or the Iqama. I've only memorized a few Suras including the first Sura plus all the in between stuff that I have to say. Women are supposed to be silent when they pray because her voice is part of her Awrah and shouldn't be revealed in public or in the presence of other men. I keep silent when I pray for Dhur, and Asr, and when I pray with my husband. When I'm alone I pray out loud. What's the point of memorizing how to pray if I have to keep my mouth shut?

• Ashley

Praise be to Allaah. The Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas was asked: Is it prescribed in sharee’ah that a woman should say the iqaamah when she is leading other women in prayer? They replied: It is not prescribed for women to say the iqaamah for prayer, whether they are praying individually or one woman leads the others in prayer, just as it is not prescribed for them to say the adhaan. Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 6/84 Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: Is it permissible for a woman to do the adhaan and iqaamah for prayer or not? The shaykh replied: It is not prescribed for women to pronounce the adhaan or iqaamah for prayer, rather that is for men. Neither the adhaan nor the iqaamah is prescribed for women, rather they should pray without the adhaan or the iqaamah. Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi’ah, 10/356. And Allaah knows best.

well i know that when me and mum and sisters pray we say the iqama. But i don't think there's any extra hassanat?

as you are praying alone you should say the iqama before your pray

this go on both men and women

makes no diff...

but if u are having a jama'ah prayer, it would be better to do so....

coz the iqama is the reminder to those who would like to pray the jama'ah prayer.....

notice the line: "qadaqamatisolatuqadaqamatisolah"....

hope that helps...

You don't have to. Never heard of extra hasanat. I don't think so its a common practice among muslimahs ~!

well i always pray with my mom and my elder sister , my mom is our imam and she says iqama.

even if its not required but its not haram.

I don't. You do not have to like you said.

I do not know if you get extra hasanat.

• Esra

I actually never saw anyone doing it alone .. so no i don't think we have to