Hi, my newphew is in Ft. Benning GA. I would like to visit him but don't know the nearest airport or airport c

I know he graduates from the Army and he is in 9240 Treadwell DR. When I tried looking it up, It gave me a few in Georgia. Can anyone help me please. thank you

• Helga
    Favorite Answer

you have two options - fly into Columbus GA and drive down there, or fly into Atlanta and drive to Columbia to stay. Ft. Benning is just on the southeast side of Columbia GA.

If it was me, I would fly to atlanta and drive to Columbia. GA is not that large of a state to drive and flying into Atlanta will save you time and money even though you will spend a bit more in gas.

If an exciting change is what you seek, I would say try Fort Sam Houston. There's a broader community there and employment is almost certainly guaranteed in your field. I am currently stationed at Benning, which has more to offer than Stewart. I have been to Stewart for training, etc. and the surrounding areas leave much to be desired, the flip side to this is the beach area and Savannah. In regards to the populace, I personally prefer people that appreciate all aspects of living and if your outlook is the same, I have to say, you may not encounter as much as you would like in Ga.