Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Could I play?

I am an 8th grader right now and I really want to play freshman football next year at a pretty big high school. I am 5'6 and 134 pounds and can pop somebody pretty hard because I played starting running back BUT it was at a really small and un athletic school. I really want to play running back next year and will be working out but I don't know if I'm strong or tall enough. What do u guys think?

Favorite Answer

Play, play, play, play, and make sure you play. I just graduated from high school, and I'm going to miss football terribly. You will regret not playing for a very long time. If you work hard enough, you'll find a way to get onto the field.

I don't see why you can't play as a freshman. You are small but that can work for you as well, like making you hard to see behind your offense line. I see that you say your going to be working out in the summer, I would just say make sure you work on your legs. Just don't give up and battle everyday, some of the hardest backs I ever played against were smaller backs.

Good luck

alright true story height doesnt mater in football its technique my bro (who is a senior) is 5'6 and weighs around 220, pure muscle. he became all CIF runningback and linebacker, ive seen him take down a 6'4 250 pound running back so you should play you will love the sport

hopefully youll grow a little bit, but yea you could try out for JV. i was 5'11 about 160 going into freshman year and i played running back but you never know, just because youre small doesnt mean you cant do it. good luck.

first of all you need to find out how much you bench, squat, and how fast your forty time is. for a running back in needs to be in the 4's.

just play, u dont need to go on here and ask, if u are a true wimp u go on here and ask people, just play man