Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Could I play?

I am an 8th grader right now and I really want to play freshman football next year at a pretty big high school. I am 5'6 and 134 pounds and can pop somebody pretty hard because I played starting running back BUT it was at a really small and un athletic school. I really want to play running back next year and will be working out but I don't know if I'm strong or tall enough. What do u guys think?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Play, play, play, play, and make sure you play. I just graduated from high school, and I'm going to miss football terribly. You will regret not playing for a very long time. If you work hard enough, you'll find a way to get onto the field.

• 1 decade ago

I don't see why you can't play as a freshman. You are small but that can work for you as well, like making you hard to see behind your offense line. I see that you say your going to be working out in the summer, I would just say make sure you work on your legs. Just don't give up and battle everyday, some of the hardest backs I ever played against were smaller backs.

Good luck

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

alright true story height doesnt mater in football its technique my bro (who is a senior) is 5'6 and weighs around 220, pure muscle. he became all CIF runningback and linebacker, ive seen him take down a 6'4 250 pound running back so you should play you will love the sport

• 1 decade ago

hopefully youll grow a little bit, but yea you could try out for JV. i was 5'11 about 160 going into freshman year and i played running back but you never know, just because youre small doesnt mean you cant do it. good luck.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

first of all you need to find out how much you bench, squat, and how fast your forty time is. for a running back in needs to be in the 4's.

• 1 decade ago

just play, u dont need to go on here and ask, if u are a true wimp u go on here and ask people, just play man

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.