Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

pleasee help forgot my to kill a mockingbird book!!!?

SOmeone please help urgent. so i hav extra credit that i hav to act out a scene from the book. Could someone pleasee tell me what scout says to walter when he comes to their house for lunch (after he pours molasses on his food). Also, wat r the exact words that calpurnia says to her when she calls scout into the kitchen. thanks a bunchhh

Favorite Answer

The lines are...

"He would probably have poured it into his milk glass had I not asked what the sam hill he was doing..."

"Atticus shook his head at me again, 'But he's gone and drowned his dinner in syrup' I protested. 'He's poured it all over-' It was then that Calpurnia requested my presence in the kitchen."

Then Calpurnia's lines are"

"There's some folks who don't eat like us, but you ain't called on to contradict 'em at the table when they don't. That boy's yo' company and if he wants to eat up the table-cloth you let him, you hear?"

[Scout: 'he ain't company Cal, he's just a Cunningham']

"Hush your mouth! Don't matter who they are, anybody sets foot in this house's yo' company, and don't you let me catch you remarkin' on their ways like you was so high and mighty! Yo' folks might be better'n the Cunninghams but it don't count for nothin' the way you're discracin' 'em - if you can't act fit to eat at the table you can just set here and eat in the kitchen!"

Hope that helps!

I recommend going on to Amazon.com, searching for To Kill a Mockingbird, then Search Inside the book, put in the keywords of the page number you want, then find the quote exactly.

It works for most books, but you can't view more than 5 or so pages, so get to the right one.

Sorry I don't remember that off the top of my head, I actually returned my book today

I didn't read that book, but you shoud go to the library they will have it :)