Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Why might a woman want an abortion if she was not financially stable?

e.g. if she could not provide the baby with the standard essentials it requires to have like; baby formula etc...

any others?

Favorite Answer

Because she isn't financially stable. You answered your own question.

People who aren't financially stable fear raising a child because they cannot provide for it adequately. It's common sense.

You might not agree with the reasoning, or like it, but that's how some women feel.

Sometimes, people do all they can short of abstinance and STILL get pregnant. I was a careful pill-taker all of my adult life and got pregnant on the pill anyway. But then again, I was over 30, had my own home and make a good salary. I easily was able to afford and bring up a child. A lot of women out there are not as lucky. I personally chose to have my child -- but I don't trash women who choose abortion over adoption. I wouldn't be emotionally capable of giving up a child and a lot of women aren't. I applaud the common sense and brains of any women who looks at her situation and honestly says, "I can't do this." Too many people make decisions that they deem to be morally correct or "the right thing" without looking at the big picture and the very real and important concerns in the situation (finances, ability to be a good and mature parent, etc.). It's more "selfish" to bring a child into the world when you know with absolute certainty that you can't afford it and wouldn't be a good parent. Lots of kids walk around who suffer due to their parent's poor finances and inabilities to be responsible parents.

There are many factors into why to abort. Ii I didnt feel prepared for a baby and was pregnant I woud give it up for adoption. I do not personally believe in abortion but do feel a woman has a right to choose. It costs a pretty penny for an abortion but if it were to be adopted the parents woud pay for the birth.

Because she's concerned she won't be able to care for her baby. Some people just would rather have an abortion than put a child up for adoption.

• You answered your own question... But heres my philosophy........

Abstinence/waiting till your married-Cost nothing...

Birth control- most of it is free.

abortion-Some places do them free.. But the emotion scar left on you is a lifetime of pain.

Having a baby on average cost about 300,000 a year.

HMM WHICH ONES CHEAPER?

• She may feel that she would be unable to give the child everything the child needs and wants, and decided to terminate the pregnancy because of this.

ababy isa very expensive thing to take care of. someone who is not financially stable would have a very hard time providing proper care for a baby.

• Rita

Because she has no morals and believes that murdering her unborn child is a reasonable thing to do.

Adoption would be the moral thing to do if she can't afford the child.

Because she is not financially stable for her child.

She wouldn't have the money or time to support it.

• JandL

I think thst'a a really poor excuse for an abortion, and it's very selfish. If you can't afford a baby, don't risk getting pregnant.

EDIT- I love the thumbs down. It's funny how you get that for having an opinion.

EDIT- Still think it's a wrong decision, if she can't afford it put it up for adoption, abortion is not the way just because you can't afford it.