Miss Olivia asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Fear of Lawsuits?

So... basically for the past 5 years or so I have had a HUGE fear of lawsuits. It has gotten drastically better in the past year... but it's still there sometimes.

I think it stems from a bad experience where someone threatened to sue me.

I'm just curious, has anyone ever suffered from this? How did you deal/cope? Any stories?

Yea, I've read about and am familiar with it. Just wondered if there were any personal stories out there, lol.

Favorite Answer

You are afraid of lawsuits well welcome to the club!

I fear these and I fear even sending my kids to school, sad but true. Our school calls cops over everything, even kicking kids out of school, or in school suspension for everything (are schools here are the lowest rated in are state, sad but also true).

It started when my youngest child was born (maybe I had it before hand?).

This child was born as I was with a seizure disorder, doctors said he was holding his breath for attention, he was a new born!!

He had a seizure while at the babysitters, rushed to the hospital. There CPS got involved. They found I did not make my child have a seizure but was still in the "system" for 2 years! I took all my children in to the doctors for everything! Afraid the government was going to take my children.

Mean while my oldest who has health problems was still having them. The courts put him in jail/mental hospitals for three long years, not listening to me when telling them this child has problems. This child has a huge grudge against me because he feels I did not do enough for him. Right before going in A teacher at the school assumed this kid was being abused at home (reasonings for his "problems") so back into the system I went.....not listening to me or doctors reports!

Law suites yes afraid of them, afraid of the power the government holds over little peeons like us. A person is guilty no matter what before found innocent. If a person would sue over anything, everything one works for is gone from court fee's, time loss (try working when dealing with courts,attorneys, medical bills, life on and on), some people have lost cars,homes, kids over silly lawsuits.

Anyone with common sense should be worried about law suits or how long the governments hands/powers are. Who cares if they are false accusations or who started the ball rolling .

Lawsuits are worth being afraid over.....

• John M

Copied from wiki answers:

Liticaphobia is the name of the phobia relating to the fear of lawsuits. Known by a number of names - Liticaphobia and Fear of Lawsuits being the most common - the problem often significantly impacts the quality of life. It can cause panic attacks and keep people apart from loved ones and business associates. Symptoms typically include shortness of breath, rapid breathing, irregular heartbeat, sweating, nausea, and overall feelings of dread, although everyone experiences lawsuit fear in their own way and may have different symptoms

Lol, anyone who has anything to lose is afraid of them!

Totally normal ! May God bless you :)