Lets talk about what does go on in the humane shelters for animals!!!?

I was reading a answer by another member, don't know if allowed to mention her begins with an A

Anyway I was appauled by the information I read! I have always thought the animals that were destroyed were just given a shot and put to sleep! What I read sounded more like Hitler's gas chambers! More information please!! Not trying to make anyone sick here!! I am posting this question in 2 places, Poetry , where I heard a partial answer to this then I will post it in Pets!

• Ali
    Favorite Answer

That's what should happen, but it is more expersive sometimes. Honestly, you don't want to know what goes on in these places. Some places are good, but most are very cruel to these animals. Instead of supporting these places, support no-kill shelters. Obviously they are no-kill, but if an animal is suffering and WILL NOT surrive and even as a residental pet it would be put down, we do, but in a very professional way. It is a shot and they drift off to sleep. Hope I helped.

There is much art and poetry on industrial slaughter. Start with Upton Sinclair.