Mixed Unleaded 95 with unleaded 98. Please advise?

Hi there. I have a Chevrolet Aveo LT. I had half a tank full of unleaded 95 (As per Vehicle Manual which states only use this). However I accidently topped this with unleaded 98. I drove away from the petrol station without a problem and parked the car where I live. Should I be concerned with any damages this mix up may cause. I will be driving long distance over the weekend, and I am a bit worried about the car breaking down because of this.I don't know much about cars / mechanics, therefore I'm a bit worried. Please advise. Thanks

Thanks for your answers, however still not sure. Even though I always use the unleaded 95, in this case where I have a mixture of both 95 & 98, should this not be cause for concern?

Favorite Answer

Most cars run on both without any problem, as they are both unleaded then you shouldn't do any damage to the engine or exhaust system, you may even find that the car runs better for a while. If it had been 4 star or LRP that you put in there then there might have been a problem & the car wouldn't have run properly & probably destroyed your catalytic converter. You should be absolutely fine on 98RON unleaded.

No problem. I always use the higher octane fuel as it gives better mileage. If yours is a modern car you probably won't notice any difference.

• bobweb

If your talking fuel octane, then there's absolutely no problem. It's not critical and you should use the octane specified in your owner's manual to save money on fuel.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/octane.htm

• Doug W

no problem at all except you paid more than you needed to.

no problem whatsoever except you paid for something you don't need.

should not be a problem.