What should I do if I want to keep my job, but didn't show up after the first day??

I was offered an entry level position at a small company (making copies, etc). I'm a young college student, and this is my first time working in this kind of environment. Yesterday was my first day, and for my orientation they decided to have me and 2 other new employees (experienced) do a group discussion... show more I was offered an entry level position at a small company (making copies, etc). I'm a young college student, and this is my first time working in this kind of environment.

Yesterday was my first day, and for my orientation they decided to have me and 2 other new employees (experienced) do a group discussion through a conference call. It was with about 20 other people at another location, and their HR officer. They all sounded extremely articulate and intelligent.

I was so intimidated that I had a horrible time answering questions and giving my opinion. It was like a whole new language for me, and I felt extremely inadequate. I stumbled through the whole thing, and felt very discouraged afterwards.

I decided not to show up (so far) today, to avoid having to be a part of another 5 hour conference call.

What should I do if I want to keep the job? My boss is on vacation, and I feel a bit left out in the dark. As far as my actual training went, I like my position and what I'm doing.