Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 1 decade ago

Driver's ed in the state of Maryland?

Was wondering do i really have to take the 30 hrs in class i already took this in CANada...now all i wanna take is the 6 hrs behind the wheels i have a lil baby and i have no one to watch him n its very hard for me to take 30 hrs in class so n e one from Maryland with same problem thanks..

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Dear Mrs. Canada,

We are all from different countries and have not had the best experience with MD and their rules and regulations about changing over drivers licenses and things.

They have the most pathetic rules of all the states that I have been in. Anyhow, here is some info from MVA right in the town of Bel Air who can answer your question.

If you could, it would probably be easier to finish your driving time in VA or DE which has much easier regulations.

As far as watching a baby, you have no friends or so here, anyone? The driving school is barely 2 weeks long my son just finished it. I hope you find a possibility for getting you on the road soon.

Bel Air - Full Service

501 West MacPhail Road

(off Route 24, 1/2 mile south of Route 1)

Bel Air, MD 21014

Services - Provides a complete range of MVA services.

Hours - Monday-Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm for all services and every Saturday 8:30am to noon for Driver's License Services only.

Driver's Road Tests - by appointment only. Call 1-888-212-4709, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to schedule an appointment.

Out-of-Country Applicants - Applicants presenting foreign issued identity documents who are applying for their initial Maryland Learner's Permit, Driver's License, or Identification Card must schedule an appointment by calling 1-866-691-2778. Appointments will be scheduled Monday through Friday at one of the following ten regional MVA offices: Baltimore City, Bel Air, Beltsville, Frederick, Gaithersburg, Glen Burnie, Largo, Salisbury, Waldorf or White Oak.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.