How much would it cost to sod 500-600 square feet?

Im starting as a sodder, i know how to do it but im not sure about the cost.

Favorite Answer

It depends on how much the sod is going to cost you. At my nursery, the sod farm sells us our sod for .18 cents per square foot. The pieces of sod we get are 5.5 square feet aproximately (20" x "40). That's .94 cents a slab. We retail them for $2.29 a piece. We up that price a bit more than usual due to the fact that sod requires a lot of attention to keep it nice looking and we are the only nursery around us that offers that service. It's not easy to keep sod stocked, but we take the extra effort to do it. If we are using the sod in a landscaping job however, we drop the price to $1.99. That's just how we do it, prices and availability will more than likely be different in your area, I'm not sure where you are, but I'm in zone 6 of the U.S. Of course you will have to add in your time and labor. If I were just starting, I would call around to some of the lawn and landscaping companies in your area and ask them how much they charge by the hour or job. We charge $45 for the first hour for the landscape foreman plus $15 per man hour. After the first hour we charge $15 a man hour. The price is always flexible tho due to each job and the level of difficulty it requires. Like I said however, your area may be different, I just gave you an example of how we do it. Hope it gives you some ideas.

*** So if we were laying sod for a customer for 600 sq ft. We would need apx 109 pieces of sod and I would guess it will take us 3 hours (at the most) to prep and lay it with three guys. The total cost for the customer would be $217 for the sod, $75 for the first hour, $45 for the second & third hour ($90) ...total would be $382 plus tax $26.74 TOTAL $408.74

Cost Of Sod

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): cost sod 500 600 square feet: https://tr.im/rKTIh

The cost of sod depends on how large of an area is being covered and would vary from region to region and from type of grass being purchased. Purchasing Bermuda sod, for example would cost anywhere between $0.35 and $0.50 per square foot.