Is it possible to run a car on water?

I have heard that you can power a car on part water, Is this possible?

Best Answer

Honestly, YES it does work. I have done this to my 2004 Scion xb and currently get about 50 (yes, fifty) miles per gallon.

I wrote a review and how to here:

http://www.squidoo.com/Water-For-Gas-Converter

It's very simple. You don't change your engine or computer. A quart-size (95O cc) container is placed somewhere under the hood. You fill it with DISTILLED WATER and a little bit of BAKING SODA. The device gets vacuum and electricity (12 Volts) from the engine, and produces HHO gas (Hydrogen+Oxygen). The HHO gas is supplied to the engine's intake manifold or carburetor as shown below.

Hope this helps. :-)

Jeff

No, these "run your car on water" devices and information are just a scam.

So how come so many people claim "it works for me, my mileage improved by 40%..."?

Because more often than not, they're party to the scam.

You'll often note that they refer you to a website for more information -- and guess what?

There are already three such links amongst the answers here so don't click them, it only feeds the scammers.

They get paid when people either visit that site or click on a link that takes you to another site. They just want your money and will say whatever it takes to get it.

There is *no* verifiable science associated with these scams. The laws of thermodynamics prohibit it.

I got so tired of answering this question in full each time it's asked that I wrote an article with all the relevant facts and even some simple math that proves why it doesn't work. Check out the link below for that article.

And remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it invariably is.

OK people ask this like 10 time an hour (or more). I read extensively about it and the science is ALL WRONG. I studied chemistry in school so I know.

Even if you don't understand the science behind it to know, ask yourself this one simple question: if these devices worked, why don't the car companies install them at the factory and sell more cars?

Because they don't work...

Good Luck...

P.S. If you go to these HHO sites, they will tell you that the HHO become a catalyst for the reaction inside the engine. NONSENSE ! In chemistry Catalyst is does NOT react at all and just help other reaction. Hydrogen and Oxygen in piston would be immediately consumed (and so by definition cannot be a catalyst).

The only way to run your car on water would be to break it apart into it's original elements, which are oxygen and hydrogen. This would have to be done outside of your car, because it takes a lot of energy to break it apart. Then you would have to compress the hydrogen into a tank to fit in your car, and fuse it back together with oxygen, which would give off a lot of enegry, inside your engine. Then that energy being given off could power your car. Then your waste product would be water.

Otherwise, you can't use water to power your engine because, it doesn't store any energy and won't bond to anything to produce anything, so technically you can't power your car on water, but you can power your car on hydrogen from water.

It is possible to run cars on hydrogen, either using an internal combustion engine (as BMW do) or using a fuel cell to power electric motors (as many other manufacturers are working on, most famously Honda and Mercedes-Benz). It is possible to get hydrogen by cracking water into hydrogen and oxygen, but this requires energy from somewhere (usually electricity, which can be generated from solar, nuclear, hydro-electric, fossil-fuel or other means). Therefore, a car which uses hydrogen as a fuel isn't really powered by water, but by whichever energy source was used to generate the electricity used to crack the water into hydrogen and oxygen.

I've been researching this topic as well, and it appears that it is possible.

The websites that are selling these kits all offer moneyback guarantees, so if it doesn't work you haven't lost anything.

If you go to any of the websites, they will explain how it works, and it makes sense.

I found a site that compares some of these conversion kits.

http://www.waterforgaskits.com

hope it helps

Hello, Yes it is possible. I have done this to my car and it gave me a large increase in miles per gallon. It is also really cheap: For more information on these kits visit: http://www.car2water.info

Yes my buddy is working on this for his car.