Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

jack russell terrier?

i want one but might b 2 active i love active dogs n all but will they usally calm down and sleep with u @ night? do they like 2 b pet?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Jack Russell Terrier is a perky, merry, devoted, and loving dog. Spirited and obedient, yet absolutely fearless. Careful and amusing, he enjoys games and playing with toys. Friendly and generally kind to children who have been taught not to tease or strike the dog. They are intelligent, yet willful and determined. They can be slightly difficult to train and need a firm, experienced trainer. The Jack Russell can be aggressive with other dogs if not well trained and socialized. Some have killed or been killed in dog fights. Early socialization can help substantially moderate this trait. They have strong hunting instincts (stronger than your average terrier) and should not be trusted with other small animals. They like to chase and explore. Be careful not to let them off the lead unless they are very well-trained. Jack Russells like to bark and dig. They tend to get restless and destructive if not kept fruitfully occupied and well exercised. Jack Russells climb, which means they can climb over a fence, they also jump. A Jack that stands 12 inches high can easily jump five feet. JRTs are not the breed for a inexperienced dog owner. This is a BIG dog in a little dogs body. The owner needs to be as strong-willed as they are, or this little guy will take over. With the right owner this little dog can really excel, but is not recommended for those who have not had prior experience with terriers. The Jack Russell Terrier must present a lively, active and alert appearance. It should impress with its fearless and happy disposition. It should be remembered that the Jack Russell is a working terrier and should retain these instincts. Nervousness, cowardice or over-aggressiveness should be discouraged and it should always appear confident.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

The Parson Russell Terrier is a breed of small white terrier that originates from the Fox Terriers of the 18th century. The breed is named after the guy credited with the creation of this form of canines, Parson John "Jack" Russell. that's the recognized conformation teach form of the Jack Russell Terrier, and replaced into first recognized in 1990 interior the united kingdom by means of fact the Parson Jack Russell Terrier. In u . s . of america, it replaced into first recognized by means of fact the Jack Russell Terrier in 1997. The call replaced into replaced to its modern sort in 1999 interior the united kingdom, and by using 2008 all international kennel golf equipment recognized it below the hot call.

• 1 decade ago

Nice grammar and spelling, how old are you, two? Jack Russel terriers are VERY active and they all vary in calmness. If you're looking for a companion, I'd steer clear of these until you have more experience with dogs.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Jack Russell Terriers are great dogs, but they are not for everybody

Here is information on the breed that will help you decide whether or not this breed is right for you.

http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/reviews/jackrusse...

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/jackrussellterrier.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Russell_Terrier

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Jack Russell terriers have so much energy they can make their own electricity!!! They are hyper!

• 1 decade ago

my jrt is so active, playful, and fun. yet, shes also quite the cuddler. she takes naps and sleeps with me at night and loves to be pet; she especially likes to be massaged and have her belly rubbed! and why criticize how someone writes, its the internet- who cares if people write in shorthand?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.