Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

Bare minerals?

I bought the bare minerals kit a couple days ago and the dvd always freezes so i cant watch it,but i watch it on youtube. Also, when i put the bare minerals on it looks like it doesnt cover anything.

Favorite Answer

When you put on bare-minerals, you have to be patient, there are a lot of steps if you want FULL coverage. In the kit there is a concealer brush, a kabuki brush ( a brush that doesn't have stiff bristles), and a Maximum coverage brush. Step 1. Use the kabuki brush. Tap a small amount of bare-minerals foundation into the cap. Swirl the brush into the powder, tap off the excess, and brush all over the T-Zone (forehead,nose,chin). Repeat this step , except this time, apply it everywhere else. Step 2. Use the Maximum coverage brush ( the one with the stiff bristles) and apply the foundation, blending into neck so it doesn't look mask-like. Repeat until you have the coverage you desire. Step 3. Use the concealer brush and dip into your foundation, tap off the excess and apply on blemishes, under the eyes, on eyelids, and in the inner corners of the eyes.

Hope this helps!!! ☺

I bought bare minerals the medium shade kit a year ago. I didn't like how it covered and it was too dark for my face. I bought the light kit just last week at Macys and it blends with my face really well. So far I've used Revlon, Cover Girl, and Physicians Formula. Revlon gave me a pretty good color but doesn't withstand sweat too well. I had the one were you can change the color and on the comercial its jessica alba chosing her shade. Physicians Formula was way too light for me. It was a tube with an attatched sponge. I had to glob it on my face to get the desired coverage. I have some what blemishes and scars from acne on my right cheek so I'm always looking for make up that covers that. Cover Girl has so far worked really good to cover up uneven skin tone and acne scars. It has silicon in it so thats the stuff that makes it work. It does with stand sweat pretty good. I live in the desert and it gets up to 100 degrees almost everyday. The colors are good. I just wanted to give bare minerals another shot. I found that you have to apply a good 3 coats to get the desired coverage and take the concealer brush and brush those spots that are scarred. But bare minerals doesn't do good with major sweat. I dont know if you've seen the comercial where the girl sticks her fists in a fish bowl filled with water and one hand has liquid foundation and the other has bare minerals. She moves her fist around and you can see the liquid foundation coming off but not the bare minerals. Thats why I gave bare minerals another shot because they said you can work out with it and not worry about it coming off. I'm mexican so I sweat pretty bad on my upper lip and forehead haha so i was bummed when the make up got ruined at work. Remember to keep applying it to your entire face until you get the coverage you want. I keep thinking I'm going to run out with how many times I keep applying it all over my face. Good luck and sorry this was a long answer. I hope I didn't bore you. Let me know how it works out.

So wats ur question?..