Can I do anything about this noise??

I live at the end of a cul-de-sac and there is a young guy who lives at the top or the cul-de-sac. Everytime he goes out he drives to the end of the cul-de-sac (outside my house) to turn his car around (about 3/4 times per day). His car has one of those massive exhusts and he revs it really loud. Is there anything I can do to test if he is above the noise pollution levels????

Favorite Answer

Not really...You can complain to the Council or the local Police though..

Most major cities have noise level limits for their communities. Contact your local law enforcement to find out if there is anything they can do. Noise pollution causes just as much health harm as air pollution. If your law enforcement agency won't do anything, try the federal EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) or your local state/federal wildlife protection agency. I'm sure the noise is causing problems for wildlife as well as you. Sometimes the wildlife agencies get more action than the human ones and harming wildlife can have harsher punishments than harming humans.

• nosdda

Noise Pollution is under the juristiction of the Department of the Environment. You can contact this department with your local council, and they will call to measure the sound level for you and advise.

You could try having an adult conversation with him - explain that he is disturbing the peace in the area - it is likely that it affects others too. If he is not responsive just tell him you will have no choice than to involve enviromental health and the police.

contact your neighborhood association or try to contact him. look on the brightside at least it's just an exhauts and not loud music like on my street. my house shakes because of that crap.

ask environmental health to come and measure the decibel level

via the council

ask you'r other neigbors to see if it bother's them too then go to his house and politetly ask him not to rev it's engine when he turns his car around

Close Yo Ears ^^