Can I do anything about this noise??

I live at the end of a cul-de-sac and there is a young guy who lives at the top or the cul-de-sac. Everytime he goes out he drives to the end of the cul-de-sac to turn his car around (about 3/4 times per day). His car has one of those massive exhusts and he revs it really loud. Is there anything I can do to test if he is above the noise pollution levels????

• Ian UK
    Favorite Answer

Probably not but if you take his registration number and description of driver and keep a log of how many times he does it then your local councils noise pollution department may be able to help.

Source(s): UK Copper

I would contact your local council to discuss the matter..they may send someone out to measure to noise levels...I would also keep a record of times/days etc to back your claims and see if any other neighbours are bothered.

If he is an approachable type person I would try to talk to him about the noise and see if he would have more respect. If no one complains to him how does he know to stop. Then if he doesn't stop make a complaint to the police. They have a law about loud noise and disruption,they can and should make him stop.

Not all cities and towns have laws against high levels of noise. Call your local county prosecutors office to find out. If there is, you can file a complaint against him if you know his name and address. typically the prosecutor will send him a warning letter asking him to stop, and the letter will outline what laws he is breaking, if he does not comply, there will bve charges against him and he will have fines to pay.

• flint

Consult the Environmental Health Department at your local Council they deal with noise, but I don't think there is much you can do about it annoying though it is.

enquire at your local community police centre. there are laws about how loud exhausts can be and e may need to change it (though he wont be happy) but some people sup up their cars to sound good and he may have removed the silencer. my ex hubbys mate had to replace his exhaust because it was too noisy.

Only if it's past a certain hour of the day. Most places it's after 10 pm. I really don't think there's a noise polution test you can do.

Sneak over to his car and stick a potato in his muffler, or use concrete, but if you do this don't get caught.

i hate them people. call the police and ask them, or try turning ur music up as load as possible. then, if u can hear it, its above the noise level.

my friends smith and wesson would sort his s*** out real easy......