? asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

Someone hacked into my computer?

A person hacked my computer, or so he says, online and tried getting me to show him my body. If I didn't he said I would be sorry. I refused. Does anyone know anything about hacking or what he may do? What am I up against? It worries me. Is this worthy of a phone call to the police?

• DaveE
    Favorite Answer

Doubtful that he's serious. He probably lied about hacking your computer. Real hackers wouldn't be so stupid.

There are lots of ways to further protect your computer against hacking-- most of which are installed by default. The ones that aren't installed are the kind you might get by going to a particular website or opening a viral email. But if he's claiming he "hacked" your computer, he'd have to do better than that. And that would mean your computer and/or the network it's on are insecure. Doubtful, although much depends on your actual setup.

Either way, though, it's worth a call to the police, if nothing else than to scare the hell out of him. Technically, he threatened you and sexually harassed you, both of which are illegal.

Well, let me rephrase that-- call the police if you know roughly who he is. If he's just "some guy" on the internet, then report it to the agency he contacted you through. IE, if he sent it via instant messenger, contact your IM service and tell them. If he contacted you via your MySpace page, contact MySpace. If you don't have a method of identifying him, the police can't do very much.

DaveE

You said "This guy over the computer" What do you mean ? Are you in a chat room ? Did he send you an email ? Criminal hackers do not warn you that they are hacking into your computer, they just do it and lie about it. Bored and mean people looking for attention will try to scare you into thinking they can hack into your computer. "if i don't do something for him over cam" That sounds like a threat. But what he wants is for you to get naked in the cam, so he can take a picture of you and pass it around to his friends and post it on the Internet. So what if he hacks into your computer ? You just disconnect from the Internet, reinstall the factory software and start over, and he's gone. You can press the "PrtScr" key which does "Print Screen" which actually "copies" the screen and then you can open the Paint program and paste that image and save it as a file. You can then print it out and give it to Law Enforcement so they can set up to try to track down this person. Why ? If you are under 18, this demand is a criminal offense by a pedofile. The police can set a trap for this person to fall into and arrest him. Monday, March 1, 2010

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Good Lord no wonder nobody like hackers. These damn script-kiddies and noobs and the media have got people thinking that hackers can totally hijack a computer and find out every single aspect of your computer life.

This guy is a fool. Do not do it. A hacker would NEVER be foolish enough to say such a thing online. He could easily be traced and anybody with net savvy would know that.

Report him to the administrators and have his account deleted before he actually gets somebody else.

Besides think about it, if you gave him nudes of yourself, he could then really exploit you.

For him to have hacked you, he would have had to have

1) Known somethings about your system beforehand (like what kind of OS you're running, your firewall, protection and what-not.

2) Disabled your firewall and AV protection. If that would have happened, you would have received a prompt in your system tray unless you have already disabled it.

3) Downloaded a RAT (remote administration tool) and configured it to run seamlessly (which is why he would have had to have known your OS beforehand as a RAT for Windows won't necessarily work for Linux and one for Linux won't work for Mac.

As I said before, alert the administrators or even better try and get the FBI on him.

You need to get yourself a real good Anti Virus program that has Anti Hacking protection. Kaspersky and Bitdefender can help.

For now I would change all my computer info like E-mail and passwords and I would create a new password and if you are using Windows I would create a new account.

Oh wow

This online-world has sooo many creeps, its actually pretty scary.

Anyway, just get a REALLY good anti-hacking-virus system

I doubr he even did anything, real hackers are not that retarded to tell the person because hacking can get you a 500 dollar ticket or worse

U can reduce using internet Hacking can be done only through internet.

Windows has many security problems and i think that you may install a linux version along with windows Xp so that you wont get this......

you may use internet in Linux to prevent others to hack your system

he didnt hack your computer hon, he just connected to it

yes it is worthy to call the police

USE LINUX