Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Link: Was MOS DEF RIGHT about OBAMA?

The country is giving the presidency to a black man because the economy is in the toilet, like what happens in corporations?

He said it on Bill Maher's show.

w.youtube.com/watch?v=ttMORI8thB0

www.billmaher.com/?page_id=204

Update:

"MAHER: Do you think he could be president in 2008?

MOS DEF: Absolutely! First of all, I know he’s going to be president, because the country is in worse shape than it’s ever been. And you know what happens when that goes on. When there’s an institution, on any **** going down, they’re finding the black dude. [laughter] [voices overlap] “It’s your account. You are the head of the department.”

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

He said it jokingly. Most blacks are very proud of Senator Obama. Don't try to diminish this historic event. I know a lot of whites are feeling fear right now. Blacks are not mean and cruel people. We won't do to you what you did to blacks with slavery and discrimination. **

*Your links don't work*

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Mos Def was joking. He's basically saying every time something goes wrong. Whites blame someones who is black. Most of the Hip Hop and black community is very proud of Senator Obama. Didn't you asked this question already?

OBAMA '08

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No. He was joking. I can't believe you thought he was serious. Mos Def is supporting Obama.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It was a joke. Obama is qualified to run this country.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That's not what he's saying.

He's saying that America wants to stick a black man with the blame.

Pretty funny actually.

Remember Richard Pryor's remark.

"When a white man hears YEE-HAW he thinks it's party time. When I hear YEE-HAW I think I'm going to be lynched".

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He was great in "The Italian Job"

• 1 decade ago

Pretty sure he was kidding about that, but whatever, grasp at whatever straws you need to to push your absurd talking point agenda.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.