Do the people that answer Jay Leno's "in the street questions" scare you?

Referring to Jay Leno's questioning people "in the street" - Does anyone else find it really scary that these people are totally ignorant - so ignorant that they don't even realize they are being made fun of??? Are our schools failing them or are they really total idiots?

It also scares me that they can vote.

I know they edit to keep in the "funny ones". But knowing that there are people out there like that just scares me.

It also makes me take special care that my kid gets a good education at home as well as in school and I hope it inspires others to do the same.

I am asking because I am curious as to what others think and to see how many feel the same way I do.

I know that are not mentally disabled people in the truest sense but isn't complete and total ignorance a type of disability?

Favorite Answer

Ignorance is always scary. To think that the average person doesn't know squat is enough to keep thinking people up at night. Education is the key to the future and the entire system needs to be revamped before it is too late.

We used to watch him sometimes, different work schedule now.....

It is scary! These people have to agree and I am sure have to sign a waver to be on tv.

We saw the game show type segment he had on there with some of those people, is it still going?

That was also scary! Does anyone watch the news? Or read the newspaper, depressing yes but it is nice to know what is going on in the world around us.......

The schools, but collectively we run the schools. So the bigger picture is, we are failing are own kids.

It's funny actually. Aside from being edited, I do believe people some of these people act extra dumb just to get on the show. Not all, some are just idiots.

As far as school failing our children goes, well that is up to the parent as to how far they allow that. Parents need to take responsibility for their children's education, and they don't. They ignore it until it is too late. That is really sad.

None of the people interviewed in Jay's Street Walking episodes seem to be mentally challenged. They all seem like normal people who have no curiosity.

When you don't know who the president is, who George Washington is, etc, you will find there is a very tiny niche in American culture where you can be comfortable.

If you don't know who the First Lady is (etc.), how can you be expected to perform intelligently in ANY job?

I have to admit it's concerning. I would guess that they edit out people who answer his questions intelligently, as those people wouldn't gather as many laughs.

But just observing the kinds of questions asked on Yahoo Answers and the way they are often written, I think there's some truth to your point!

I think they edit out the smart people and try to pick strange ones for the comedy effect.

About Jaywalking I think the people are made to say that. Nobody can be soooooooo dumb as them. It would be a tedious task finding such dumb people. We know they don't go searching for them :)

I would think these answers are not real. They are all scripted. There is no way that we have people that ignorant in this country. "Who is this (picture of Dick Cheney)?" " Ah, ah, ah... Jack Nicholson." NO. "He is the vice president." ah ah ah ah... Ronald Reagan. NOOOO.

It's just impossible. Or is it than all people do is watch South Park?

Yeah! how in the ham sandwich are you a grown American and you cant recognize a picture of the vice president? lol

They just make me pay closer attention to the education that my child is receiving.