Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 decade ago

Whatever happened to Hamms beer?

• Sprout
    Favorite Answer

The brewery was bought by Miller in '99. I believe it's still available in the US, but not in every state, and in very limited quantities.

Don't know about that but I think common sense has long since flown the coop everywhere. In the instance you give, I don't think it has anything to do with common sense. It's more trying to protect people. I live in New York State. You are now asked for your birthday or picture ID at the check out counter at grocery stores if you purchase beer, wine coolers, cigarettes and believe it not, some cough and cold remedies as some idiots are killing themselve smelling the stuff. I bought a single beer one day and my 19 year old son was with me. He needed proof also. I told them to forget about it as he didn't have anything on him. I guess lots of adults buy for their kids. If the kids would use common sense, hey I guess you are right, then these types of laws would not have to be put into place. They ruin it for others. Crazy laws that we brought on ourselves by being crazy.

i don't know, bit now i have to drink bud out of my 30 oz. Hamm's glass.

"From the Land of Sky Blue Wa-a-ters!"

Yeah I remember that stuff. I think I have a can of it somewhere on the garage floor.

It was bought out by one of the larger breweries. I can't remember which one.

They went under

They have it here in Oregon, it's still delicious, good for guzzling on hot days.

It died out years ago. I did always like it.

• Bob H

Whatever happened, it didn't happen soon enough.