What are good teen books or dramas?

Books I like:

The Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer

The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

The Private series by Kate Brian

The Uglies series by Scott Westerfield

The Chronicles of Narnia series by Clive Staples Lewis

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares

Under the Boardwalk by Carly Philips

Does anyone have any suggestions for other good books for teens who like these books?

• ALEXIS
    Favorite Answer

Here are some of my favorites. You might like them, you might not:

Neil Gaiman is an amazing author!

Edgar Allen Poe is a really good author. Check out his poems and short stories.

William Shakespeare is good too.

Any books by Scott Westernfeld or Neal Shusterman are really good too.

Any books by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes are amazing! There is In The Forest of The Night, Demon In My View, Shattered Mirror, Midnight Predator. And then there is the The Kiesha'ra series: Hawksong (the best in the series!), Snakecharm, Falcondance, Wolfcry and Wyverhail.

A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly

Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause

How To Kill A Rock Star by Tiffanie Debartolo

The Princess Bride by William Goldman

13 Little Blue Envelopes and Girl At Sea by Maureen Johnson

Abarat by Clive Barker, Make sue you get the hardcover version though!!! If you liked the first one be sure to check out the next book in the series Abarat: Days of Magic, Nights of War.

Daughters of Destiny series: Keeper of the Winds by Jenna Solitaire, If you enjoyed the first one check out the next three books in the series. Keeper of the Waters, Keeper of the Flames and Keeper of the Earth.

The Abhorsen Trilogy (Sabriel, Lirael, Abhorsen) by Garth Nix

The Maximum Ride series (The Angel Experiment, Schools Out Forever, Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports, The Final Warning) by James Patterson

His Dark Materials trilogy (The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass) by Philip Pullman

A Great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels and The Far Sweet Thing by Libba Bray

The Riddles of Epsilon by Christine Morton-Shaw

The Cry of the Icemark by Stuart Hill, If you liked this one, check out the next two Blade of Fire and The Last Battle of the Icemark.

The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray by Chris Wooding

Inkheart and Inkspell and Inkdeath (coming soon!) by Cornelia Funke

The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke

Holes by Louis Sanchar

Dreamland by Sarah Dessen

A Mango Shaped Space by Wendy Mass

The Morganville Vampire series (Glass Houses, Dead Girls Dance, Midnight Alley and Feast of Fools) by Rachel Cain

The Inheritance Trilogy by Christopher Paolini

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien

Impulse by Ellen Hopkins

The Secret Under My Skin by Janet McNaughton

Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

All-American Girl by Meg Cabot

The Wind Singer, Slaves of the Mastery and Firesong by William Nicholson

Define “Normal” by Julie Ann Peters

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt

Go Ask Alice by Anonymous

The Sight and Fell by David Clement-Davies

The Prophecy of the Stones by Flavia Bujor

Source(s): Enjoy!

Septimus Heap books- Ange Sage. The first book is called Magyk. It's about a family who's baby dies after being born and on the same night the father finds a little baby girl in the snow. The book is a lot like the Harry Potter series. Lot's of Magic adventure and drama.

The book Deadly Game of Magic by Joan Lowery nixon. This is about four teens who don't exactly get along that are driving back from a compatition in a storm. Well the storm gets bad and they have to stop for help with their car and they end up in a creepy house where strange things keep happening and they don't think their alone.

Elsewhere. Authors last name is Zevin. It's about a girl who dies and is taken to elsewhere. The place dead people go and they age backwards until they are reborn. The book has a lot of drama. The girl has to learn to accept her life in elsewhere. It has love, and all kinds of themse.

Another great series is The Books of Ember. I forget the author but the first book is called City of Ember. It takes place in the future in a cuty lighted only be electricity. Beyond the city is darkness. Well the generator is having problems so it's up to a couple of teens to find a way out of the city and convince the city that the up to no good mayor is not as good as everyone thinks.

I also suggest going to http://www.borders.com and typing in the books you like and looking at the "similar" books they provide to help a book lover find another book to read. I have used it several times and has turned out to send me in the direction of great books.

Source(s): Book Lover

I second Elsewhere. That book had me thinking for days when I was done with it.

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. It is an amazing novel about a girl in high school who kills herself and leaves behind these tapes she recorded explaining why she did. It follows one boy as he listens to all the tapes and learns things he had no idea about, but she needed to get out. Truthfully other then telling you it is amazing I just can't say anything more about it because there are no other words to describe it.

Just Listen

Truth about Forever

Lock & key

Dreamland

This Lullaby

That summer

keepin the moon

by Sarah Dessen read all her other books they are really good!

Maximun ride Series by James PAtterson

I heard his book are good too so go and read them! :)

The Princess Diaries series

All-American Girl series

The Mediator series

Avalon high series

1-800-where-r-you? series

all by Meg Cabot! :) read her other books too! :) awesome books! :)

Shopaholic series

The Undomestic Goddess

can You keep a secret

Remeber me

all by Sophie Kinsella! :) she's my fave author so far! :)

The Notebook

A Message in A bottle

The rescue

The wedding

all by Nicholas SParks ! read his other books too :D my fave romance author

well enjoy :D I hope that helps you a lot :D

For a young adult/teen I recommend Meg Cabot's young adult books. She is the best author. Also best selling. She wrote tons of books including the Princess Diaries (Movies based on her books), Mediator (upcoming movie), 1-800-Missing (TV show based on her books), Jinx, and more. She has adult books too, so you can grow with her.

If you want more info or meg cabot's website email me.

The Giver by Lois Lowery. Short but awesome.

I read Escape from Lost Island in my teens, and it is that series that got me interested in reading, as I simply could NOT put that book down...

So I vote for Escape from Lost Island by Clay Coleman.