Child custody when non-custodial parent leaves state.?

During a recent divorce I the father, was granted joint custody with my ex and for me to have primary parenting time. Since then she has not been able to see her son do to major child protective services concerns about her ability to parent. She has not paid any child support either. I am taking her back to court... show more During a recent divorce I the father, was granted joint custody with my ex and for me to have primary parenting time. Since then she has not been able to see her son do to major child protective services concerns about her ability to parent. She has not paid any child support either. I am taking her back to court to get full legal custody and for her to have supervised visitation only with my son. Since then I just found out she left the state and moved over a 1000 miles away. Will this affect my ability to modify the custody order? Also, if I wish in the future to leave the state to move closer to my family will I be able to without getting my ex's permission first?
11 answers 11