Why do some Christians think Jews view Jesus as a prophet?

Some Christians have said in answers to other questions that while Jews don't view Jesus as divine they do view him as a prophet. Why in the world would they say that? Jesus is not part of our religion in any way. He is no more one of our prophets than Matthew, Mark, Luke or John are. He, like religious... show more Some Christians have said in answers to other questions that while Jews don't view Jesus as divine they do view him as a prophet. Why in the world would they say that? Jesus is not part of our religion in any way. He is no more one of our prophets than Matthew, Mark, Luke or John are. He, like religious figures in many other relgions, is simply irrelevant to Judaism. To us he would be like the HIndu god Vishnu is to Christians, that is, of no importance or significance. Why does such a misconception persist?
Update: babylola--Moses wrote about Jesus? Yeah, right!
Update 2: uh, I'm asking why some Christians think Jews of today (not some Jews a couple thousand years ago) view him as a prophet. Also, I'm not asking whether Christians view him as a prophet. Please answer the question asked.
Update 3: aussiediver: yes, I understand that you believe he was a prophet, but providing me with quotes from your bible doesn't answer my question. Are you able to answer the question?
Update 4: Thanks iami, and a happy Shavuot to you too!
Update 5: Aussiediver: I'd really like to help you understand. Just because you view Jesus as a prophet does not mean people in other religions do too. For example, although I know nothing about the Hindu religion, I am sure they have their prophets. Do you view them as prophets in your religion? Are their prophets... show more Aussiediver: I'd really like to help you understand. Just because you view Jesus as a prophet does not mean people in other religions do too. For example, although I know nothing about the Hindu religion, I am sure they have their prophets. Do you view them as prophets in your religion? Are their prophets quoted during sermons in your church? Do you have discussions about the wisdom of their prophets? I know you don't view them as prophets. It is the same way with us--we don't view prophets from other religions as prophets.
Update 6: y girl: you are welcome. Thank you for your answer.