Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Why do bad things happen to good people?

I am christian

i was wondering why do bad things happen to good people

and can you include 3 scripture reference to bak up your thought

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

If it was Adam’s decision to disobey God that brought sin into the world, why do we ALL have to suffer punishment?

If we are honest with ourselves, we will realize that Adam is a fair representative for all of us. If a perfect person in a perfect place decided to disobey God’s rules, none of us would have done better. Romans 5:12 says, “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.” We all inherit Adam’s sin nature. We all sin, so we all deserve to die and suffer eternal punishment in hell. We must understand that not one of us is innocent before God. Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” Not one of us is worthy to stand before the Creator of the universe because we would each bring a sinful, rebellious nature into His presence.

In the beginning God completely sustained His creation without blemish. That’s why it was perfect. He held every atom together in a perfect state. He kept the planets in their orbits. He kept animals from tripping and breaking their necks. He did not allow people to suffer and die.

Deuteronomy 8:4 gives us a little glimpse of how things might have been in the original creation. “Thy raiment waxed not old upon thee, neither did thy foot swell, these forty years.” God is omnipotent and perfectly capable of sustaining and protecting his creation.

When Adam sinned, however, the Lord cursed the universe. In essence there was a change and along with that change God seemingly took away a little bit of his sustaining power and allowed things like suffering and death into His creation. Now He permits bad things to happen—and this is a reminder that sin has consequences and that the world needs a Savior. Romans 8:22 says, “For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.”

God took pleasure in all of His creation but He loved people most of all. He allowed the created universe to deteriorate so we would see the consequences of our sin. If we did not see the consequences of our sin, we would never see that we need salvation from our sin, and we would never accept His offer of mercy for our sin. Most people easily recognize that there is a problem in the world. This can be used to show them that there is one who has overcome this problem of death and suffering—Jesus Christ.

• 1 decade ago

Because bad things happen to everyone. Or more simply bad things happen. Bad things are not caused by the devil or some mysterious force, they are simply a part of the randomness of nature or are brought on by consequence.

Edit: To the person above, it's not difficult at all if you have a realistic view of reality instead to the delusional brainwashing you succumb to.

• 1 decade ago

If you get the answer please tell me but we don't suppose to question the create just keep praying it makes you have strenght through difficult times God help us bless us and proteccccccct us and give us better understanding stowards your work and just help us to trust that he wont put more on us than we can handle and sans after the storm the sun will come out eventually weeping endure for a night and joy cometh in the morning remember his time is different from our love you God bless us a ll

• 1 decade ago

This is a question that is so hard to understand. God allows suffering to bring out a greater good. It may not seem good at the time, but God knows what is best. In Scripture it states that we must take up our cross and walk with Him. If you can suffer in silence and offer it up for someone, God will reward you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

How solid or undesirable you're basically effects how others in society view you, and in case you're undesirable adequate you may get some judgment against you. yet on the completed it makes no difference in case you're solid or undesirable as a approaches because of the fact the UNIVERSE is in touch. I placed that for the time of all caps so human beings may be conscious that i'm not suggesting which you be undesirable. maximum individuals attempt to be solid on condition that's what makes it common for us to have a society and get alongside with others. yet because of the fact the universe is the source of solid and undesirable issues that ensue to human beings, it ought to care much less regardless of in case you're socially properly behaved or not.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Good things happen to bad people too.

It's called life. There are no guarantees. There is no such thing as fairness. Sometimes the guilty party goes free and sometimes the innocent party gets the death penalty.

It sucks, but it is what it is.

• 1 decade ago

who give you the idea that we are good, i will admit something to you - two months ago i asked the exact same thing as you did and you know what happened? i finally realized that i was not a good person I was sinning and i was allowing this sin to dominate my life - i didnt repent of this sin. and i was being selfish as well. even thought i thought i was a good person but in reality i was not. so i judged myself really bad. and i changed my ways. Yes we all do sin accidently everyday but do we really repent? or just go to church and day "oh thats ok i go to church god will forgive me"

the sin i struggle with is daydreaming and i do this in front of people alot to try to show off without physically doing it kinda like silently showing off. but in reality i am worse than that the average person because i am pretending to be good. i was a hypocrite and they are worse off in my opinion than just regular sinners. and i know i was cursed. people picked fights with me started drama with me. because they know i was a hypocrite. im telling you this stuff is real people can smell your fear!

• 1 decade ago

Bad things happen to good people.

Bad things happen to bad people.

Good things happen to good people.

Good things happen to bad people.

We live in a fallen world. Life is not always fair, but God is good.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Read Job

once you read it a few times and realize the ultimate conclusion of the book is "who are you to ask this question?" and you respond very humbly (without wrath in your heart) a creature made in your image. Then you are on the fast track to atheism. I'll welcome you with open arms!!

Source(s): Its very important to read all the above rationalizations. They are all in Job read it straight thru several times and you will realize it addresses almost all the rationalizations listed above. The way its written is the greatest clue to the truth. The thunderous finale with the full force is intended to humble the reader. But after the reader has taken that humility and with a meek and humble heart says "Lord I am just the tiny creature made in your image and I want to know". Saying I deserve an answer without pride in your heart.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why do good things happen to bad people?

If you blame God for the bad, who do you give credit to for the good?

In usual Christian doctrine Satan causes the bad, not God.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.