Kurt Cobain: Bad guitarist or...?

the worst guitarist in the history of the universe? I never quite understood Rollingstone Magazine's logic on their "list" of the 100 greatest guitarists of all time. That's because they didn't include Slash. But on their list of 25 coolest guitar solos, they have Slash's Sweet Child... show more the worst guitarist in the history of the universe?

I never quite understood Rollingstone Magazine's logic on their "list" of the 100 greatest guitarists of all time. That's because they didn't include Slash. But on their list of 25 coolest guitar solos, they have Slash's Sweet Child o' mine solo at #1. My question is, wouldn't writing one of the coolest guitar solos, as stated by Rollingstone, make you a great guitarist (if not of the greatest)? I guess not because they didn't even bother to include him. Instead, they put Kurt Cobain at #12 in front of Eddie Van Halen who for some reason is at #70. Why? I guess if they would've told the truth (that he completely sucked) they would've lost popularity. But they didn't even take the time to recognize one of the most talented guitarists that we've seen (Slash). On a side note, I'm convinced that Hannah Montana is a better guitarist than Kurt Cobain. I don't even know if she plays but it wouldn't make a difference
Update: If you can name me 1 song of his that shows why he should be renowned, then i will gladly put that into consideration next time i decide to bash nirvana.