Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesFord · 1 decade ago

Is powerstroke made by international or dose ford make it?

is banks fords diesel motor? let me know

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Introduced in 1994 as an option, turbodiesel truck engines used in Ford F-Series trucks, the Ford Econoline van, the Ford LCF commercial truck, and the Ford Excursion SUV. The Power Stroke is manufactured by Navistar International Corporation (International Truck and Engine Corporation). These engines are built in Indianapolis, Indiana and Huntsville, Alabama.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

International Powerstroke

• 1 decade ago

As William W. said (from a Wikipeida entry, possibly?), Powerstrokes are, indeed, made by International (Navistar.)

Gale Banks Engineering is the company known best for its work with turbocharging for both gas and diesels. It produces parts and accessories to up the power and fuel economy on all brands of diesel pickups. It produces an add-on turbocharging system for 6.9-liter and 7.3-liter Ford diesel pickups (all with International engines) built before the Powerstroke engine came out.

ATS is another such company, and if memory serves it was the same system that Ford introduced on its indirect injection turbocharged engines in about 1990 or so, I think it was. That was before the Powerstroke engine came out. When the Powerstroke first came out, both the indirect injection turbo engines and the Powerstrokes were available.

Source(s): 15 years in the automotive service/parts industry
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is powerstroke made by international or dose ford make it?

is banks fords diesel motor? let me know

Source(s): powerstroke international dose ford it: https://biturl.im/31GUN
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

International made powerstroke till 2010 not the ford motor company makes them

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

While powerstroke is made by International/Navistar Banks is an independent company and usually makes performance upgrades for diesel trucks. I think Cummins also made diesel motors for ford too.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Powerstroke is manufactured by Navistar. Lots of problems with injectors and turbos. Parts are not always readily available from Ford; probably because there's such a high demand for 'repair parts'.

I'd rather be seen "CUMMIN" than get caught "Powerstroking".

• 1 decade ago

Gale Banks engineering is an independent maker of aftermarket performance products for cars and trucks.

• 1 decade ago

It is made by Navistar International. "Powerstroke" is just a catchy brand name they came up with in 1994.

• 3 years ago

What Is Powerstroke

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.