I want to work in the human resource department, but my previous experiences are in the finance field.?

Do you think I have a chance of getting a job in human resource department as a benefit administrator or hr assistant? I'm not happy with my current job with an insurance company. I'm thinking of a career change to work in the hr department. Anyone can give me some inside of day to day work in hr? thank you!!

Favorite Answer

Get in touch with your local SHRM group. It's the biggest HR network around. They will be able to help you see if there are companies that are open to transition.

I would think you'd be open to Payroll or Benefits options - combine your Finance experience with learning HR.

Best of luck!

Source(s): Years in HR www.shrm.org
  • rueter

all of us who responded that they could't provide you a bad reference is incorrect, effortless and straightforward. in spite of the undeniable fact that, there are legal duty subjects with giving undesirable references, lots of employers basically furnish call and dates of employment. The "legal duty subjects" are your ultimate perspective right here. in case you google "job seeker reference verify" you will discover companies who will fake to be an company, and habit a reference verify on your behalf. you will then comprehend precisely what that company is announcing. in addition they furnish concepts -- what to do approximately any detrimental information. in the experience that your previous company does in reality say something detrimental, have a lawyer (or a chum pretending to be one) call and threaten them with legal action -- "you pronounced those detrimental issues in a reference verify, in case you won't be in a position to diminish back them up with valid evidence, my customer will take you to courtroom."