MJ S
Lv 5
MJ S asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Are The White Sox For Real?

Six straight wins against division rivals this week.

54 runs in the last six games.

33 in last three games.

Best ERA in majors. Can it last?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The White Sox are totally for real this year and i will give you a number of reasons why:

1. Like you stated, best ERA in the majors. Every self respecting baseball fan knows that pitching wins championships

2. The offense is picking it up. The middle of the lineup is finally getting their swings back and getting on base and knocking runs in

3. Carlos Quentin

4. The bullpen is absolutely lights-out. Compared to a dismal 07 the Sox bullpen is keeping opponents off the base paths and holding leads

5. Did I mention Carlos Quentin?

6. Finally, the AL Central is not the division people expected it would be this year and the Pale Hose have taken advantage of that. The Tigers and Indians were supposed to run away in this division leaving the White Sox in the dust and just the opposite has happened. The Sox have been beating on AL Central opponents this year and will continue to do so throughout the season.

So to answer your question again, yes the White Sox are the real deal and we'll see you in October

Source(s): Life-long Sox fan
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

i think of this is a contest maximum surprising now.....the Twins are respiration down the White Sox's neck for the Wild Card. Liriano and Santana are the genuine deal, and that they are getting extra consistent pitching from Brad Radke as he's gained his final 4 judgements. The White Sox must be afraid because of the fact the Twins have been enjoying properly the final couple of months, so this has the makings of a great opposition for this 300 and sixty 5 days and previous. This sequence must be exciting.....

• 1 decade ago

If they were to keep this up the rest of the year, then people would say this is the greatest team ever. They are not the greatest team ever. (No matter how much I want them to be it)

So in other words, they will slow down.

--The ERA will always be in the top 5 though, they are REAL GOOD at pitching.

• 1 decade ago

I think they will continue to do well if their players keep performing and playing up to their potential like they have been. I don't think this means they will keep getting over 10 runs a game, but they will do well. Or at least I hope so!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Their pitching is great and now their hitting has come alive.Will be hard to beat ,but World Series are won in Sept. ,so hang on .

" GO WHITE SOX''

Sox fan 1948-

• Petza
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It will, they will slow down, but they will. Also look at the difference between the Blue Jays last month and how they have been this month, they probably will, but they might not.

• 1 decade ago

Is this a real question? The White Sox are about as good as who they're being managed by right now. And look at who that is. He's a donk and needs to be fired. And while they are at it they should move the team to Hoboken, NJ and be renamed the a**hats.

Source(s): My Brain! Whoo!
  • 1 decade ago

It probably won't last.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.