What causes painful back spasms during pregnancy?

I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant and I've been having painful back spasms in my lower back. They come on randomly but sometimes if I'm upset or scared they are evident as well. I'm just wanting to know what causes these type of painful spasms and if it's anything to be worried about.

Favorite Answer

Lots of things cause back spasms, and most of them are harmless!

Usually, it is the combination of hormonal changes making your ligaments more lax, as your abdominal muscles spread further apart, and become weaker - Meaning that there is less support for your lower back, causing the spasms.

Yoga and good posture will work wonders :)

...Other times, the pain is caused by the baby's spine resting against *your* spine. It hurts, and its called "back labor"

...Don't forget the possibility that your babe is positioned in such a way that she is putting pressure on your sciatic nerve - That means sciatica, and it sucks, too! Usually, the pain is joined by pain in the back of the leg, also.

Unless you are having abnormal discharge, any blood, things like that - I'd say you're in the safe zone.

Doctors say that regular doses of tylenol are OK for a couple days, many also recommend Arnica Gel as a very safe homeopathic remedy.

Back Spasms During Pregnancy

Hey there,

I found many interesting info about sciatica here: http://curesciatica.toptips.org/

While looking for a miracle cure, it has to be understood that sciatica pain in itself is not a disease. It is actually a symptom or a group of symptoms with an underlying cause that needs to be targeted if some sort of permanent pain relief is what one is looking for. But one thing is absolutely clear. Incorporating a few exercises that have a beneficial effect on sciatica pain in daily regime is of great help and whether a patient is taking drugs or not, these exercises ensure that his muscles are kept in a toned condition that lessen any flare up of pain. Just a few stretching exercises can bring about a drastic change in the levels of pain and signify the importance of exercise in the management of sciatica pain.

I cured my sciatica with this natural treatment https://tinyurl.im/stop-sciatica-now

Normally, I would not answer a question like this as my expertise is generally in medication but I had severe sciatica while I was pregnant with my 3rd child (after having had twins) and I had sciatica so bad that I was finding it difficult to walk. I tried massage therapy and physical therapy and could not take medication

I went to the chiropractor and the pain was instantly relieved. My hips and lower back were out of alignment because I had carried twins the year before. On occasion a Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) can also work but they usually only work on one joint at a time - the chiropractor will do your whole back which works faster. Anyone who does not believe in chiropractors will tell you they are quacks - don't listen.

I don't necessarily believe that chiropractors can cure things like diabetes but they can definitely relieve some types of back pain especially if a pinched nerve is involved which is usually the cause of sciatica.

There are a series of ligaments that attach from your uterus to your spine. Also, your hip (pelvis) is shifting to accommodate the added weight of your baby pulling in the front of you. During my wife's pregnancy, she saw a chiropractor twice a week as well as the occasional massage therapist. Another thing to check out is to make sure that you are getting the right nutrients such as your B vitamins and Potassium. A deficiency in those nutrients can cause muscle spasms and cramping. Make sure to talk to your doctor before altering your diet or taking any suppliments.

If you intend to learn about the true nature of sciatica or why sciatica is indeed common and what all these pains are attempting to inform to your system then you definitely need to read that eBook Sciatica SOS from here https://tr.im/Wj4ul .

Glenn Johnson is mcdougal of Sciatica SOS. He too was affected by the disease for really a long time in his early 40s. He claims he was one of the “Early viruses to be identified as having sciatica”, and he used several probable remedies that the health practitioners provided, but they never gave him sufficient results.

The eBook Sciatica SOS is special; it moves the excess mile to assist you understand the reason for the situation, what you can do to resolve it and then gives detailed directions to help you achieve the treatment.

All this is often accomplished in 7 days or less. It is unquestionably worth a try.

There is a ligament that connects your uterus to your spine and towards the end of pregnancy, your back is going to start killing you.

Go to Motherhood or any maternity store and ask for a belly sling. It is a wide peice of elastic that you wear around your back and under your belly to help take the weight of the baby off of your back. You can wear it under your clothes and it will make such a huge difference that I guarantee you'll wear it out of the store.

They are cheap and a good maternity store will let you try them on first to find the one that's best for you.

Source(s): Personal experience.
  • lita

Fix Forward Head Posture Now!

• Lyn

1

Maybe it's your baby pinching a nerve. Could be that.

Source(s): i was pregnant had the same thing happen to me; that was my theory.